Author Topic: mehaba bar rip off  (Read 5036 times)

Offline bronco

« on: July 25, 2011, 16:00:44 PM »
went to the mehaba bar saterday night and was charged 6.50tl for a 33cl bottle of bomonti beer, it is normaly the same price as efes,the part owner tried to tell me that was the price all the bars were charging,i told him to get stuffed. £2.50 for less than half a pint,talk about shooting yourself in the foot,the poor tourists,and the part owner is english!

Offline Eric

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 16:38:48 PM »
What was the price quoted on their bar menu?

Offline Christie

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 16:41:09 PM »
We haven't actually heard of the beer that you ordered so cannot comment on the price charged.   However we and many of our friends have been going to the Merhaba bar on a regular basis for the past 4 years and have always been treated very well by the previous owners, and more lately by the present owners John & Mehmet.   We have always found their prices to be fair and reasonable and have never had cause to complain.   Presumably the price of the drink is on the menu - maybe it would be wise to check before you order.

Offline screamlead

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 16:59:29 PM »
Yep thats a con! the 330ml bottles are the smaller version as they do a 500ml one too. We were ripped off in Hisaranu by that one as well, charging 4tl for the 330ml one. Its supposed to be cheaper for the 500ml one as its less ABV than an Effes. I think they retail around 2,60tl in the big shops like migros and Carrefor. Pays to ask in advance and PAYG.

Offline Eric

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 17:09:53 PM »
Its only a rip off if you are charged more than stated on their menu.  If you think the 'advertised' price is too high then don't order that drink, go elswhere and tell the owners why.  In this way the owners may want to address the issue.  Posting on here that you have been "ripped off" does not solve the situation. I hope this helps.

Offline screamlead

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 17:20:41 PM »
However - when ordering a beer you tend to expect 'a large one' and not the 330ml version - so if i wanted a small beer i would have asked for one at the time of ordering - so techinically a waiter taking it into his own head to serve up a small 330ml beer is in my book i'm afraid - a rip off!
But as Eric states check the advertised price before hand - if there is one!

Offline Fifi

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:14:51 AM »
We were in the restaurant that evening when this occurred - a guy was singing and playing the guitar and when the party got up to leave one of them acknowledged the singer (obviously as they knew him) by drawing one finger across the throat and then leaving. We have been to the Merhaba many times, speaking with Muzzy, Mehmet and John and never had any problem at all and have enjoyed all our visits.Saying you have been 'ripped-off' is subjective.

Offline Eric

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:56:23 AM »
...and he has not been back on here to explain further. Hidden agenda?:-\

Offline Christie

mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 16:23:51 PM »
I agree Eric .

Offline squiffy

• This is Tom Moss Really
mehaba bar rip off
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 17:47:50 PM »
yes silly topic,the merhaba is a wonderful place to go for food and drinks and the atmosphere is always fantastic, john, mehmet,joe and mustafa are always so nice and welcoming,keep up the good work lads!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf