Author Topic: Golden Moon Coffee Shop  (Read 3194 times)

Offline javacoffee

Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« on: September 06, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
You may have guessed by my user name that I like coffee, well I really like coffee and yesterday I tried the Golden Moon coffee shop at the back of and next to Belle Mama's.

I won't go into the in's and out's of what makes a good coffee but I can honestly say that in 6 years of coming to Calis I had a latte that was excellent, and believe me their have been some bad ones. In fact it was that good I had another.

You can even get a take out sit on the prom and sip away, if you like it really hot, and most Brits do, then ask as the correct temp of coffee can seem cool to us Brits.

Anyway I'm a fan and I hope it continues as I love a really good coffee.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 22:29:39 PM »
I am sure its Mete ( golden Moon )that has the shop, correct me if i'm wrong

Ron

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 22:31:30 PM »
Maybe that's why they called it Golden Moon Coffee Shop eh Ron

Offline javacoffee

Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »
Yes Mete has it, and again without going into the in's and out's of making coffee, as it's very boring, the coffee making set up has been done the right way. The coffee I had was as good as you will get anywhere in Europe, as with most places  you can buy coffee anywhere now but it's hard to find a really good one.

Tip. If you want a coffee the way you might like it then get the coffee on it's own then ask for a small jug of steamed or hot milk, pour to taste. You will have a good coffee to your own taste, don't try this with nes caf though it only really works with good coffee.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 15:29:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by javacoffee
[br don't try this with nes caf though it only really works with good coffee.

WOT  :o Nes caf is not good coffee  ;)

Offline ovacik2

Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 15:43:19 PM »
Lets Talk Turkish. Mete must use these brands???............ or could be he is missing the "meh"

http://www.mehmetefendi.com/mehmetefendi/eng/pages/index.html    

since 1871 plus the history of coffe throughout the world. A very informative site.

http://www.farrerscoffee.co.uk/

since 1819 and our local Guy.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 17:15:34 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 15:45:33 PM »
Yes he says don't try it with Nescafe :D

I don't get it JC - is this you saying the coffee is great or giving advice on what you will need to do to make it good coffee? Sounds to me that you are saying it is not "the way we might like it" but if you ask for this or that it can be. What a palaver that will be. I just want to order a good coffee and have a good coffee delivered to the table, not have to request a small jug of steamed or hot milk, or ask for "the correct temperature".

Anyway, good luck to Mete, another step away for Calis from the appalling days of mugs of dishwater being sold for a quid.

Offline javacoffee

Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 19:28:54 PM »
Mete's coffee is made using espresso from a good machine with a good grinder with good beans, the advice is for an espresso shot, or double, then steamed or hot milk. Some people like a strong coffee with a little milk, some like it full to the top with milk.

It was just a suggestion on how to get a coffee they way you might want it, strong, short or milky and long. Again the temp is all about preference, most Brits appear to want it thermo nuclear hot, but hey what do I care, the coffee at the Golden Moon Cafe was great.

Offline Brianbern

Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 22:23:03 PM »
The Harem Bar will bring you a coffee from the Golden Moon Coffee Shop which is at the back of the restaurant.

This really is terrific coffee and we are looking forward to savoring again the views of Calis whilst sipping an espresso or cappuccino when we return on 12th September

Good luck with your new premises, Mete.

Offline Karabag

Golden Moon Coffee Shop
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 18:57:52 PM »
I went for coffee there yesterday, very nice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf