Author Topic: Best Restaurant  (Read 7433 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Best Restaurant
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
sad to say but I wouldn't class any of them as 'special'

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Best Restaurant
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
That is sad tink. Although Blackadder didn't mention other locations (Fethiye for example) is there somewhere you could recommend.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Best Restaurant
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »
we got rushed in Kings Gardens too, and sent to sit on another table. Food was mediocre too.

I agree, none of the restaurants are great, always end up a bit disappointed and feeling that I could prepare better myself.

I think the issue is that its Turkey and why should they be able to prepare an English style meal to a very good standard?
However if you go to a Turkish Lokanta and have good honest home cooked Turkish food its delicious.

Having said that Serkul 2 do a darn good Chinese.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Best Restaurant
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
It is run by a friend of mine and I have not been there personally but perhaps someone has. It's the Yengec Restaurant in Fethiye.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}44867

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Best Restaurant
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 13:33:16 PM »
Most places in Calis will still be closed anyhway in April. Bella Mammas wouldnt be open then either. I agree with Linda. We read so many recommendations on here and mostly dissapointed. Best meals we had were at The Flamingo in Fethiye and the carvery at The lighthouse in Calis. Both gone now. Not much variation in the menus is another problem.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Best Restaurant
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 13:58:31 PM »
I agree that most restaurants that are recommended generally fail to make that "special" grade, or if by some chance they do, it doesn't last long. We found Saraphane at the Ata Park Hotel to be special and consistent but pricey and our other fave was Kale Park which was always first class for us but that didn't seem to last. That's why I agree with kayakebab in a way, I'd rather go to Recep's in the fish market or a lokanta such as the Sahil - because knowing you are going to get good food every time without fail has become far more important to me than chasing the elusive "special" restaurant.

I must also say that I thought the same as Highlander - if I needed a special restaurant I'd probably try Yengec - but entirely based on the photos I've seen - I haven't yet read anything along the lines of a review as far as I can remember.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Best Restaurant
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 14:15:43 PM »
If you want something really special there is Kizilada Island, but that will probably not be open in April.  Also I could recommend the Yacht Classic Hotel in Fethiye.  It's one of our favourites for a lovely meal in a great setting.

Offline valleyboy

Best Restaurant
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 14:57:35 PM »
Got to agree with Keith on this one,I am a vegetarian and am always most satisfied with my meals at Lokantasi, often "no frills", but always great inexpensive food, and I'm sure if you explain to the staff it is your anniversary they will help make it a special occasion !.

The best vegetarian meal I've had in Turkey was in Kabak in The Olive Garden restaurant, a simple broccoli gratin thing with home made bread, simple but absolutely delicious !, you obviously have to be prepared to travel, or make a night of it by staying in one of their chalets (if they are open then) and this was the view from our table !!.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Best Restaurant
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 15:20:04 PM »
Cant beat serkul 2 for price 18 tl as much as you like but it is rubbish chinese sorry thats why people dont eat much .:(

Offline Stan

Best Restaurant
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 17:47:32 PM »
What about Mozaic Bahce in Fethiye ? Surprised its not been mentioned yet,loads of info on the forum if interested, opens 2nd April unless anything has changed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf