Author Topic: Cafe Roka  (Read 7364 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Cafe Roka
« on: April 25, 2012, 07:45:11 AM »
Anyone tried them yet with the new menu 2 course soup ,plus nice different menu  liver bacon /chicken stroganf /chilli con carne looks good  only 8tl. ;)[^]

Offline hubblebubbles

Cafe Roka
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
Mmmmmm had two not so good experiences lately so can't really recommend. First visit asked for the chicken stroganoff and it arrived in a tomato sauce . When I said that it should be made with cream and possibly wine I was told "Well the chef likes to make it taste different ".The second visit we were given the 8 lira menu and after deciding what we wanted from the list we waited 25 minutes to be served. Given that we were the only 2 people there it was not necessary to wait that long. The main course arrived but we hadnt been given the  soup to start with . By this time we were so hungry so just ate the main course. When the bill came it was for 10 lira. I  asked how can that possible be when its only 8 including soup which we never received. His answer was" Well even tho you had the menu in your hand you never actually SAID you wanted the 8 lira menu. Told him quite politely he was only getting 8 lira and had lost two customers. Sadly don't think I will bother again after his attitude.Think he had had a row with a lady who works there as the atmosphere was not at all pleasant .Not the way to run a restaurant especially one which was always brilliant when run by Tulin.

Offline sunlover

Cafe Roka
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 15:25:04 PM »
Totally agree hubblebubbles... Tulin was a fantastic lady and run Roka so well we have all been spoiled, we have visited twice since she sadly passed away and will not return, the food is nowhere near as good and the atmosphere is awfull there now, such a shame:(

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Cafe Roka
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 21:10:27 PM »
Wasn't that impressed when I went there either, Zayra for me every time.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Cafe Roka
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 21:28:18 PM »
never got round to trying the Roka but tried the Zayra on our last trip and loved it. Did someone on here say the owner of the Zayra is the chap who used to be at the Roka before the awful tragedy happened[?]

Offline buddy

Cafe Roka
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 23:35:17 PM »
Went to the Roka last saturday, asked about the special on the board outside, soup or garlic mushrooms, then three steak pieces in different sauces. There is a young blond haired boy waiting on and I don't think he has been trained very well. We aked for the special and he walked away, I had to call him back to say I wanted my steak well done, he didnt ask which starter we wanted, all in all the service was poor, but the food when it arrived was good, and they couldnt help the power cut that happened in the middle of it all. Having said that I had a lovely romantic candle lit dinner with SteveJ.

Offline SteveJ

Cafe Roka
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »
Thanks Buddy - I enjoyed it as well, the service was poor but the food was good. The two ducks waddling through the restaurant during the power cut was added entertainment.

Offline joan

Cafe Roka
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 06:52:07 AM »
The service has gone awfull.The young lads serving are not interested and the food isnt brilliant.Really cant see it surviving in its present form. In contrast Zayra just around the corner lovely service good food and godd value.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Cafe Roka
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 07:47:16 AM »
Shame to hear this as we always called in after the market on Sunday morning for a Turkish breakfast.
Sound like we will be going to the Zayra after our next market visit too.

Offline sunlover

Cafe Roka
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »
we will also try Zayra when over in a few weeks time..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf