Author Topic: Kassaba (ex Harem)  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Bluwise

Kassaba (ex Harem)
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 20:10:36 PM »
Great to sit for just a drink rather than taking up a table for diners...and fillet steak for around a tenner bloomin' marvellous !  (Just paid £18 for a little piece of sirloin shoe-leather at a Hotel in UK)

Offline Christie

Kassaba (ex Harem)
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 20:27:53 PM »
It looks good - it is on our list to try, in a few weeks time.  I agree it is nice to see the comfy chairs at the front where people can just have a drink in comfort and watch the world go by.

Offline Fran

Kassaba (ex Harem)
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 14:24:18 PM »
This is the only place that we ate at twice in our week. The food is excellent, front of house is George and Bahri that used to be at the sunset.

Offline patrice

Kassaba (ex Harem)
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 15:51:03 PM »
Agree with Fran we ate there twice recently and were happy with the meals
We stopped using it back last year after a few iffy meals but decided to give it another try after admiring the new decor
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 18:51:59 PM by patrice »

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Kassaba (ex Harem)
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 13:09:20 PM »
Cant believe its the same place we stayed in all those years ago! It looks fab will be giving it a try in September for sure!

Offline marina

Kassaba (ex Harem)
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 13:38:47 PM »
We ate there last week.  Very good meal and nice comfortable place to eat.  Best glass of rose wine all the holiday too!   :)

Offline H01322

Re: Kassaba (ex Harem)
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 15:37:48 PM »
We were there last week too and had a lovely meal.  My son's hot dog was the biggest I have seen - a half bread with two sausages in it.  It was nearly as big as him.  Must say too the toilets are v posh.

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 16:55:22 PM »
we're just back after two weeks hol and made the Kassaba our first port of call. After waiting 50 minutes from placing our order, two meals nothing fancy, i called George over to ask if there was a problem. He shook his head and about ten minutes later the food appeared. Whilst we were waiting i heard others complaining about how long the food was taking(over 30 minutes for a pizza for example).
Quality and presentation were nothing special and we heard other people complaining about the speed of service over the next two weeks. I hope Mete and the team sort out the problem but we stayed away for the rest of our hol. We can, however, certainly recommend the Mangal, Serkul 2 and Bambu. All served better food more promptly than the Kassaba. On the one occasion that we visited the Kerim, we were disappointed.
We're out again later this year and will be back to the Kassaba as the place itself is very nice and i think that they're just suffering a few teething problems.

Offline Fran

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 17:38:21 PM »
They must have sorted it because we went last night,and had the quickest service ever.

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 19:22:33 PM »
Enjoyed quite a few excellent meals in the Kassaba when we were out in May/June. The service and quality were of a very high standard.
Will be making return visits to enjoy more of the same towards the end of August.
Congratulations Mete---See you then.
By the way terrific freshly brewed coffee to complete the evening.
Brian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf