Author Topic: Letoon Restaurant  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Letoon Restaurant
« on: June 05, 2012, 22:03:41 PM »
Had a very good meal at the Letoon tonight.  The place is looking really good now, the renovations have been excellent.  Staff where attentive and the Chef came out to speak to us.  It's a shame there where so few people there.  Would recommend it for a lovely meal and the surrounding are excellent.  Really fabulous  view and probably the best spot on the prom.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Letoon Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 22:10:01 PM »
Were the prices comparable with elsewhere Jacqui. The accommodation costs are quite expensive. Even given the renovations the rooms are still very small.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 22:26:21 PM »
Yes, just about the same as the other restaurants.  We checked out the menu and seemed comparable with the other places.  Nevra was not there tonight but had a long conversation with the guy who used to be at the Shamrock.  Have to say the place looks 100% better than it used to, apparently all the rooms have been refurbished to a high standard.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 22:36:14 PM »
The photographs of the rooms are very cleverly done - but as I said before they are still the same size and still have limited storage space.

I do hope that Nevra is as successful there as she was before - a very special lady  :).

Sorry - I realise now that you posted about the restaurant and I'm prattling on about the rooms :(
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 22:37:49 PM by Highlander »

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 22:50:50 PM »
We went to the Letoon in June this year. We loved the new look of the upstairs bar but it was empty. We ordered a meal. I ordered Lasagne. I was very disappointed and only had a taste then sent it back. I was charged for it so  I went to speak to the owner. I was very polite and i remembered Scunner saying if your not happy with a meal then say so instead of just not going back. The manager tried to say I had eaten half of the meal and was going to charge me. I explained that I had not eaten more than a mouthful and I suggested he bring the meal out from the kitchen so I could show him. I was very disappointed at his attitude towards me and I told him I just wouldn't return. He then bought his brother over and he agreed not to charge me. I was discreet and polite but I tell you now I wouldn't go back there to eat.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 23:04:40 PM »
Oh dear heather that is a shame. Don't know why but it doesn't come as a huge surprise >:(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:21:32 AM by Highlander »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf