Author Topic: The Soul Bar  (Read 5663 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
The Soul Bar
« on: June 30, 2013, 22:42:17 PM »
Called in for a meal as we know one of  the waiter and my daughter and family had a nice meal in May.
We made the mistake of sitting at one of the front tables which back onto the tables and settees/chairs for people who want just drinks.  There was a family of Welsh people sitting with an ex-pat.  The family had two young children and a baby in a high chair.  The man of the family had the loudest voice I have every heard, he sat with his arm around the settee and on our table.  This at 9.00pm. when we arrived. We heard all their conversation and at one point the guy stood up to go to the toilet and his swimming trunks came down.  I saw the whole of his bum and his tattoo on the right cheek.  The baby in the high chair was getting tired and upset so a mashed banana was ordered and more bottles of Efes. The guy lit up a cigarette and the smoke engulfed our table.  We could not have a conversation as it was drowned out by him.  At this time the two young kids got restless as well.  We had our starter and then the main course, the conversation got louder and then it was decided that the party should leave, but, the guy sitting next to us talked everyone into one more Efes.  So, after our main course, with everyone shouting, the kids playing up and the baby crying.  We moved to a table away from this group.  We had a dessert and an Irish Coffee. It was 11.00pm by this time everyone in the Welsh party was well on with the drink and the waiters where taking it in turn to nurse the baby and walk her up and down.  We left at 11.15pm and the party were still there. 
Moral to this story, we really enjoyed the meal at the Soul Bar, but advise anyone not to sit near the front if you want a peaceful meal.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: The Soul Bar
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 23:01:02 PM »
There was a family of Welsh people sitting with an ex-pat.

Jacqui - I know it's a minor point but the nationality of the people sitting with the ex-pat is surely totally irrelevant.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 00:01:15 AM »
Well the Welsh... and I have a lot of Welsh relatives so I am qualified to speak, are renown for their voices, and lots of them very loud...particularly after 6 or 7 Efes.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:14:34 AM »
It's why they're so famous for their singing.   ;D ;D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:14:06 AM »
Makes me rather cross I am afraid to think about that poor baby needing her bed and also being subjected to the fag smoke not good :(

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:40:08 AM »
Me too Kareninna. Jacqui described the situation very graphically and I can just imagine the wee soul sitting there crying out for food.  Like Jacqui, I'd have changed my table too, but not before I let the group know their behaviour was the reason I had to move!

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 20:38:27 PM »
  The guy stood up to go to the toilet and his swimming trunks came down

What a sight that must have been Jacqui- it would have put me right off meat and two veg     ;)

Offline angela

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 20:59:17 PM »
I'm glad I am not the only one who gets feds up with this kind of behaviour, I hate to be a moaning Minnie, but I can do without it, whatever country/nationality is involved.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 08:49:29 AM »
We listened to the ex pat talking to the family and say how she loved living in Calis and loved to sit and look at the sunsets.  Then she said to the parents of the three tired children (who IMO should have been in bed) "Where else could you be sitting drinking at this time of night and be allowed to have your children with you, isn't this place great?"
Of course, everyone agreed. :(

Offline marina

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »
Maybe you should have said 'try Marmaris' Jacqui   ;) :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf