Author Topic: new quiz venue.  (Read 14476 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Re: new quiz venue.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »
as from Wednesday next we are hoping to start a quiz/karaoke in the beach house on calis front. it is situated between nil bar and vojos. this is a fun quiz (not mensa). your quizmistress this week will be kim. next week Jayne and so on. the quiz will start at 8oclock. everybody welcome.
Animal Aid have been running a quiz at Vojo's for the past 7 weeks and it has been very popular, and very well-attended, raising significant funds for their on-going work.  Vojo's and Animal Aid deserve much praise for making Thursday nights so entertaining.  I hope your quiz night is equally successful.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 11:54:57 AM »
Y'know, it really weees me off when someone , anyone , moans and whinges about the volume of music emanating from certain establishments, whether in Calis, Hisaronu, or elsewhere, if you are unsettled , or annoyed by it, pay your bill and bugger off to another, quieter establishment. The most simple answer to the problem !!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 13:59:29 PM »
Does that still work when the place you are in isn't the one that is drowning everything adjacent out (including the Promises Auction in May)? If the place I am in is too noisy I will of course move - but this was next door, and all we could hear. The volume was incredible. We even thought of staying at the Delta next year until we discovered the volume of this place, and how long after midnight they just carry on regardless.

No wonder so many people on here prefer to eat in Fethiye.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 15:00:59 PM »
Very true Keith, could also probably have something to do with the food, service, and presentation, being  much better too. IMO.

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2014, 15:11:06 PM »
We are just trying to set a quiz night up ,because we know everybody likes quizzes we also support Vojos quiz night aswell , we have  been into lots of bars that are too noisy ,we just move on .Give the bar a chance ,quiz from 8pm onwards .Everybody is welcome ! Bottle of wine for the winner ,you wont need your mobiles or ipads because its a easy fun quiz ! .Kim

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 15:13:57 PM »
If people moved because of the noise then the Nil Bar and Vojo's would loose their customers.  They happen to be very popular venues that are unlucky enough to be next to this awful new place, a place I refuse to give my custom to. I also remember them tried to drown out the 3C's Auction in May.   

I would though, recommend Vojo's Quiz night that helps the Animal Aid.  A very good night out totally enjoyable.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 16:57:07 PM »
why don't u try vojos tonight jh. oops sorry you don't LIVE HERE.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 17:00:25 PM »
this thread is getting too personal. why don't people who don't live here during the winter months leave us alone to help a bar who are staying open during the winter. what has the volume of music during the summer got to do with a winter quiz. summer months and winter months are 2 different animals.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 17:06:15 PM »
oops sorry you don't LIVE HERE.

Seriously, I wouldn't go down that path if I were you...

this thread is getting too personal.

The only person being "personal" to other members is you. 

Do you feel that because you "LIVE THERE" your opinion is more valid or important than members who choose not to? 

JF

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 18:42:04 PM »
Lorraine and I attended the SECOND of the auctions this year, we were in Nil Bar, others complaining on here were next door, in Bambu, NOT Nil Bar !! The gentleman who owns The Beach Bar actually made a profound apology re. the volume from his premises during the First Auction, and stated his intention to do all that he can in future, in order to assist in fund-raising.
On the subject of Vojo's, I like the place, I LOVE karaoke, BUT, we have, on occasions, refused all attempts by the " greeters " of Vojo's, to enter the place, or even to sit outside, due to the horrendous volume levels of THEIR music ! So please, let's get over this continual slagging off of one place in particular. Some people cannot see any farther than Nil Bar, for others it is Bambu, or any one of the many bars / restaurants in Calis / Fethiye.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf