Author Topic: corner restaurant  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Ally B

corner restaurant
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
Has anyone been to the Corner Restaurant opposite Aydin Pida recently. We have passed a couple of times during the day and there was nothing happening. Went last year a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

Offline philrose

Re: corner restaurant
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:12:56 AM »
Different owner/chef this year, haven't heard any reports yet. The guy from the Corner Restaurant  is now at the Can Ciger next to Migros..

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »
We have passed it a few times, there were people in there eating last night.  It has a new name now and seems o have expanded out to the side. 

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 13:22:04 PM »
We went earlier this month, it is the guy who used to be the chef at the Serill, the Serill which is near Obens...not sure if he was running it or just cheffing...we wre the only ones there, had a nice meal,it's different menus to last year and don't think the 10/15 lira meals were on there, but remember thinking it wS still a good price for what we had   :)

Offline mickinblack

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 16:18:15 PM »
We were over earlier this month and  had a few meals,found it inexpensive ,friendly & will use again in July.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 01:18:08 AM »
Went there last night.Paid a visit to pork shop across road first when we went in the family were at their evening meal they asked if we liked fish and my wife said yes,they then produced a plate of what they said was cod but the good lady said she has never tasted cod as good as that before.That to me was what Turkey was like many years ago.We then went to the Corner restaurant which has now changed its name.When we went in we were the only ones in.The menu was very basic,not like last year.The chef was also the waiter.My wife had roast chicken which she enjoyed and I had lamb shish.It consisted of 6 skewers of tiny pieces of lamb some chips and salad.Taste wise it was O.K.The prices were just a little bit cheaper than the prom but not cheap enough to go out your way for.Would I go back?  NO. Just a bit disappointed as I liked it last year.Dont think they will still be there next year.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf