Author Topic: Grapefruit restaurant  (Read 9555 times)

Offline patrice

Re: Grapefruit restaurant
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 16:24:13 PM »
We asked the staff if we could eat upstairs perhaps if they were to put lights on to attract diners it may help.

I was surprised also  the lack of diners at The Meeting Point where as Barbella's seemed busy.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 16:38:54 PM »
We went back to the Grapefruit a second time two weeks later. On the first visit we chatted with the head waiter for a while on various subjects,as my wife likes fish he said if we came back he would get Grouper in for her as he thought it was a real good fish. He also said he could get us a bottle of Chankya wine as it is our favourite. We told him the day before we would be in the next night. Turned up the next night and true to his word he had the wine and the fish. I had tomato soup to start ,and lamb shank,my wife had her fish and we had our bottle of wine.When we got the bill it was 281 t/l  (ouch) on the plus side the meal was very good and my wife was able to take just less than half the fish home (it was a big fish) the wine was priced at 100 t/l  it is 30t/l in Migros. If a lesson is to be learned it is get a price first if you are ordering something that is not on the menu. We went back a week later and ate food from the menu and the price was a lot less and very good. Please give it a try.

Offline patrice

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 19:55:04 PM »
We will be back there in August

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 21:03:22 PM »
We went to the Letoon last year and. The upstairs was in darkness.  We asked them could we go up and they opened it up for us.  We were the only two in there the whole of our visit.  Meal was lovely.  I seem to think that as it is so far down the prom people do not know about it.
The views as said, are the best in Calis.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 06:31:35 AM »
We had Sunday lunch at the Letoon the week before last. The food was excellent. We opted for Kofte and one of the best Greek salads ever. We ate downstairs as the views are beautiful there. The staff were very professional
We were pleased to see quite a number of people lounging around the pool which suggest the Letoon will be around for some time yet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf