Author Topic: Plagued by the 4441444  (Read 2756 times)

Offline BUBSMUM

Plagued by the 4441444
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »
I know I'm not the only one BUT after about six months of receiving TurkTelecom canvassing, on my landline and mobile phone and having told them that I am not interested in their campaigns, I'm still receiving anything from 5 to 10 calls from them on my mobile.  Luckily my trusty Samsung has a "reject list" facility of which I have put "444144" on but they still persist with the calls (they have even tried hiding their number which usually follows after 2 or 3 rejected calls)  I'm so sick of it now that I googled the number and have discovered there are hundreds of people complaining, mostly Turks, telling them what to do with their campaign and telling them to stop the calls - it's endemic!

I have today e-mailed TT saying that if they persist in phoning me 10 times a day I will consider taking out a court order for psychological warfare against me just to get a reaction  ;D

This is the reply I received following that

Sent from the e-mail, TURK TELEKOM reached Customer Services.
Thank you for bringing us the opportunity to support you. We will respond to you within 1 business day with your request.
TURK TELEKOM products and services and help you to get any information on, 7 days, 24 hours TURK TELEKOM Customer Service
Call 1 444 444.
  Thank you for your interest.
Best Regards

;D ;D

Can't wait!!!!

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Plagued by the 4441444
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 13:47:27 PM »
They'll probably start e-mailing you as well now LOL.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 13:49:22 PM »
Yes, mee too being plagued. Let me know the outcome!

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 17:49:22 PM »
Suprisingly got a reply already - the gist of which (google translate) is that I supply my number and they will act on it!

Good Morning,

We would like to express our appreciation [on receipt of] us the opportunity to support.

Service number with area code, if you pass by us can be happy to assist you.

Turk Telekom, thank you on behalf of our company for your interest and understanding.

Best Regards

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »
I suspect that somewhere along the line you have responded to their marketing - whether intentionally or not - and that puts you up their rankings as a good 'prospect' so they become more insistent, i.e more calls and texts.  Stupid, but that's the way the marketeers work, and we suffer.

The lesson is no matter how inticing never respond to any marketing, in any form, e-mail, WEBSITES (gulp don't cut me off Scunner), texts, letters, particularly where you provide details such as address, phone, mobile, name etc.  it means they've got you, and they'll keep bothering you... it's a process and something that can be used by the same company again and again .... and worse still other companies who they sell your data onto. >:( >:(

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 15:47:00 PM »
I appreciate what you saying but I have never responded to anything.  My landline is for the sole purpose of receiving broadband.  When I received the first canvassing call on my landline I asked for a English Speaker.  They didn't have one.  So I told them in Turkish I was not interested and anything they were offering.  That was just the beginning and they have been relentless both on my landline (I actually don't answer now if it rings) and ringing my mobile number.  This is a country-wide compaign by TurkTelekom and reading the blogs and websites it's affecting everyone that has a Turktel number.   If they cannot reach you on your landline they are phoning your mobile as they do have access to your number on their records.

I have had yet another one this morning but no response to my last e-mail to them.  I will see if they reply to that.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf