Author Topic: Keto - eating as a lifestyle  (Read 3199 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Keto - eating as a lifestyle
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 19:47:24 PM »
That's not all you can eat Stuart... they are just a few examples to illustrate the different points.

I love food, as anyone that knows me well can tell you, and my meals are more varied and more delicious than ever. Eating tasty food that just happens to be healthy and beneficial is hardly a hardship nor a life sentence.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 20:35:58 PM »
I know you make sense Nichola; it's just the thought of what I can't eat rather than what I can.

No rice for curries or for chilli con carne or risotto; no noodles or rice with Chinese and Indian food;  no spag bol; no egg and chips; toast and marmite; soldiers for my eggs; mashed spuds with the liver and bacon; fish and no chips; no more sandwiches at lunchtime;

As said, I admire those of you with the discipline to do it. I enjoy all the above too much to give them up.

Perhaps, with such eating habits, smaller portions of all that I like is a sensible route.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 21:04:40 PM »
I'm with you Stuart, I could'nt do it either.
We do eat healthily and I do cook our meals from scratch but the thought of not having another bit of bread or pasta fills me with dread.
Good luck Nichola, if it works for you then why not?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 00:05:08 AM »
I am on a diet presently in order to get my beach body back in time for our 2018 holidays.

It's my own diet plan. No snacks, no sweets, no takeaways, no chocolate, no crisps, no desserts, no alcohol.

So far I have lost the will to live.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 00:19:40 AM »
I think it’s very similar to the Atkins which I did years ago and lost a couple or three stone quite quickly but couldn’t do it as a lifestyle so put it all back on.However when I want to lose a few pounds I cut out all carbs and it works

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf