Author Topic: anyone travelling soon to take a deposit out  (Read 3233 times)

Offline sunlover

anyone travelling soon to take a deposit out
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 16:29:56 PM »
Thanks Steve..

Glad there are some helpfull people on here...

Carole

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 18:05:24 PM »
believe me a "bank transfer" IS NOT FOOL PROOF... i can vouch for that ... 3 months and a lot of visits to the bank here in Turkiye and by my brother- in - law in the UK to sort the transfer out. very far from "fool proof option "... go with BM06 offer to bring your transfer out here  :)))

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 08:55:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by brianthegardener

believe me a "bank transfer" IS NOT FOOL PROOF... i can vouch for that ... 3 months and a lot of visits to the bank here in Turkiye and by my brother- in - law in the UK to sort the transfer out. very far from "fool proof option "... go with BM06 offer to bring your transfer out here  :)))

I have been using Bank transfers for many years without problems, these transfers including sending money to Turkey.   I suppose there may be mistakes occasionally, however, taking everything into account which would I prefer to do?  1.  Transfer my money using my Bank. 2. Advertise on an internet forum for a random member to take my money for me?
This is a no brainer. :o

Regarding payment I am quite surprised that a holiday rental business cannot give Bank Account details or does not have a credit card facililty.   It might be better to use one of the Internet Agencies that advertise this business and pay through them.   However, I think I would find another place that does offer it's Customers a selection of payment methods. ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 11:30:27 AM »
quote:
2. Advertise on an internet forum for a random member to take my money for me? This is a no brainer. :o

However, I think I would find another place that does offer it's Customers a selection of payment methods. ;)

2. That's a tad disingenuous to BM06 Jacqui if you don't mind me saying so. Had I been going over I would have gladly taken the deposit.

If Ten Apartments meet all of sunlovers other criteria, it would surely be a pity to have to go somewhere else because of  a payment method.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:32:12 AM by Highlander »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
O.K. This guy is as honest as the day is long, as you are too H and I am not disputing that matter.  Sunlover was asking if "anyone was going out" so in fact, she was willing to let anyone she does not know meet up with her and take her money.   I would say this is a risky thing to do.  She admitted this herself in so many words.

I also run a business which I am sure I would not have run for 20 years if I told customers I would only accept one method of payment, a method that they did not care to use.  I am sure they would vote with there feet and go elsewhere and find someone who gave good Customer service.

I am sorry, but I never heard of a business that tells customers they only use Western Union.   Every business has a Bank Account and should be willing to accommodate their Customers.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 12:19:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Every business has a Bank Account and should be willing to accommodate their Customers.

Welcome to the world of Turkish business. never assume it is what you are used to in the UK.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 12:53:26 PM »
Yes, I am familiar with Turkey, it's not a third world country.  
All the businesses we have choosen to do business with have Bank Accounts.
In fact, even our last Gardener a one man business, had one.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 13:38:50 PM »
The question was not about whether they had bank accounts or not but the method of transmittal to that account as Sunlover was reluctant to use the receivers preferred method Western Union, presumbably because of the amount of charges incurred relative to the small amount money involved.

Mind
quote:
Glad there are some helpfull people on here...
is probably not the  best phrase to use after seeking advice :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf