Author Topic: Too many cats!  (Read 14901 times)

Offline snowtop

Too many cats!
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »
Before i start, i am a 100% animal lover.
There are plenty of Owned cats round here, some people feed around 5 or six cats every day.  They do not seem to be the problem, its the strays that i am targeting on this post.
The wooded area by KAAN hotel is getting more and more cats all the time.  Because they are being cared for, it is encouraging cats from all over the place. 
There are just too many of them!!
They keep crapping on my bit of soil by the pool and it stinks.
The noise they make when they have a fight, (which is frequently), is NOT music to the ears
We also get the Tom's marking their territory which includes my property and it stinks.
Can you try and move your care area to a more uninhabited area thereby giving us humans some space please.
This post does not alter the fact that,if you are involved in these cats, you do sterling work.
This is more of a request than a complaint.s

Offline philrose

Re: Too many cats!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
Same thing with the wooded area opposite Zayra(1) more and more cats every month...

Offline hubblebubble

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 13:13:25 PM »
have you tried a deterrent such as pepper/cinnamon on the soil by the pool? failing that a sprinkler should deter them( can one put a motion detector on these i wonder!)

With the cats going to one area it should be a lot easier to start getting the un-neutered ones 'done' which will greatly alleviate future problems.

Maybe you could also help getting some "homed"

Offline snowtop

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 16:36:43 PM »
I do not wish to get involved with these cats.
I am more of a dog man than a cat man.  I am not encouraging the cats, nor do I want anything to do with them.
I would not harm them but I do not want them on my property.
If I had wanted a cat I would have had one before now.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 10:22:12 AM »
Hi Snowtop, the short answer is no they cannot be moved as they have to be close to where the feeders live as they do not have motorised transport, also they have to be in overgrown plots of wooded areas so they cannot be seen from the road or overlooked by houses and there are so few areas like this now with the on going building programme.
All the cats taken to these feeding stations are neutered and well fed, they are also hidden in these large plots so they have no real need to go off anywhere.
The feeders know all the cats for their stations and if any strays find their way in they get picked up and neutered.
I think the cats that are doing any spraying around your home must be local private cats which owners refuse to have neutered and the same for doing anything in your garden areas, as I said earlier the pod cats should not be straying unless someone near you is feeding them at their home.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 16:06:12 PM »

Hi Snowdrop,

We had a similar problem on our complex  :( we purchased a water pump gun range about 45 foot from a shop along the Gunlukbasi Road worked so well without harming the cats we took one home  with us

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 18:44:15 PM »
Yes good idea Geoff - no harm done and problem solved :-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 19:11:45 PM »
And great fun too :D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »
Wouldn’t it be more sensible and possibly kinder to put the strays “to sleep” instead of neutering  and then having to continue to look after them because nobody else wants to?
Dogs and cats without owners must face a continual struggle to eat and keep warm and there must be many injured or diseased that crawl into a space to die in pain.

I  admire the efforts of people that raise money to care for animals although I don’t agree with a lot of the sentimentality that goes with it.   Pain, suffering and cruelty is horrendous and to put time and effort into stopping that is what I would contribute to if it helped. To continue to use the time and effort to keep strays going doesn’t make a lot of sense to me but I am open-  minded and willing to hear the arguments for it.

An animal doesn’t know if the injection you give it is an anti-biotic to make it better or something that will end their life so I don’t see that as cruel.  Better that than to be run over, attacked by a larger animal or die slowly and painfully from a disease.

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 09:10:08 AM »
If only it would be that simple to "put to sleep" some of the stray humans on our streets! These people in Animal Aid and the like do an incredible job looking after the animals and to just kill "strays" because they are in the way belies belief. >:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf