Author Topic: (Not) Breaking News - Doğan and Nichola are opening in Çalış  (Read 15427 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: (Not) Breaking News - Doğan and Nichola are opening in Çalış
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2019, 01:54:23 AM »
See you in May 😘

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:08 AM »
Thank you very much everyone, we're both really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

SagaLouts, in theory because of the hotel we'll be open all year, but as you know we like to travel so we may well block out a few weeks and close everything down.

That said, I believe Dogan plans to have the restaurant open in the day times, on sunny days during the winter. It's very pleasant on the Prom in the daytime when the weathers good but I doubt very much we will open in the evenings in winter.

McGroogle, we should be open by the time you arrive on the 22nd.

Just to flag up that we also hope to hold a Taster Event, like we used to do at Mozaik, but not sure when yet. I will, in time honored tradition, post the information on CBF first  :P  ;D    :)

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 12:18:30 PM »
great news..im sure you will do very well with your scrummy REAL turkish food...will your great selection of lights be included ???

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 14:22:46 PM »
Thank you Sue, and yes I will be selling the mosaic lights I already have until stocks run out... I am not sure I will continue to buy and sell once existing stocks have sold out now I have wound the website down.

Also and quite importantly can I flag up to everyone that we have decided to change the name to Motif.

It is the same spelling, and virtually the same pronunciation in both English and Turkish and Dogan feels happier about that  :D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 17:19:35 PM »
Good luck to you and Dogan in your new venture Nichola, what  is the name of the other one along prom sounds similar name is it Motto I instintently thought you meant there but then reread and saw Eyna mentioned!   :)

Offline wishbone

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
Hi Nichola,
Although we have visited Calis for the last 10 years or so, I don't think that we have ever visited any of your restaurants. Sorry!
As a matter of interest do you still own any of the others.
We always visit savas at Georges so look forward to popping in to Motif as well.

Offline WendyA

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2019, 09:52:18 AM »
Really looking forward to visiting next time we are out Nichola - and btw, I think Motif is the better name! 😁🤣

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2019, 19:01:59 PM »
Haha Wendy - we polled various friends, family and small groups and both names were pretty much level pegging but in the end Motif won the day for reasons I won't bore you with. As soon as the sign is up I'll be taking a photo of the venue and starting another new Facebook page - menu meals preparation and taste testing starts in a couple of weeks for anyone that happens to passing at the right time  ;D

No wishbone we sold Mozaik three /four years ago and then last year we partnered with friends to run Paradise Beach which is a lovely venue, but Dogan really wants to introduce people to Turkish food culture so nice as it was to be in Ölüdeniz on the blue lagoon we left at the end of the season and will be starting afresh this year on the prom in Çalış.

Thanks very much Karen, one day we will meet, maybe this year     ;)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2019, 19:25:28 PM »
Olus loss is Calis’s gain Iam sure of that

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2019, 20:51:00 PM »
Thank you Steve - we will do our best  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf