Author Topic: 1881 - Helen's husband's bar & resturant  (Read 6078 times)

Offline lmaddy

1881 - Helen's husband's bar & resturant
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:17:22 AM »
Can't find Teresa's orginal post & pics so here is our review:

After Teresa excellent descritipn of 1881 thought we would take a drive on Sat lunch time. Found it no proplem past Sunset, past the Surf Club, past Birlik & there it is!

We only stopped for a drink, Helen (who we don't know but recognised from last year) was there supervising her husband (ladies you know what I mean). Nice views good service etc.

On the way out Sauts persudaded us to come for dinner, he agreed to pick us up (we are only at Seaside) and promtly turned up at 7:30pm.

For a Sat night in March it was heaving, both Turkish families and ex-pats were there. In fact there was a birthday party of about 40 ex-pats. The dinning area was under cover a white awanings and open to the kitchen. There was a large wood burning stove keeping the march cool air out.

The decor is typically Turkish, with table clothes that don't match the cushions on the chairs, this is not Sat's stylish decor, but has a rustic charm about it.

Helen's bar's winning formular was in evidence, the menu was extentsive with curry, mexican, turkish & international dishes. All well priced.

We ordered creamed spinach (excellent) & calamari (OK)to start, Larry had the fish madras (excellent)& and I had a very nice chicken dish. The food on the whole was excellent, portions a good size but not huge. The service was friendly and even though they had a big party in our service did not suffer.

Cost for 2 including 2 bottles of wine (22 TLY per bottle)& 2 courses followed by a plate of fruit on the house coast 90 TLY.

We were then driven home by the owners brother!

A very good night, good food, good atmosphere & good service. Well worth the visit and we are looking forward to visiting again in May to sit outside.

Lorraine & Larry

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf