Author Topic: Changes  (Read 4028 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Changes
« on: May 26, 2017, 15:48:43 PM »
Quite a bit happened this last year.

The roads are now very good - even the beach road near Telmessos is tarred. Makes for faster cars though ????

There's a new Surf bar called Surf Blue which is next to Mekan (old Birlik) and a new one at the side of Koca Calis a Beach Bar called Ada. The former is now owned by Max - with Suat ( formerly 1881) joining him this year.

Further down, Barack Beach now has competition next door - another wedding venue type place.

All happening even though it's very quiet at the moment.

Off into Calis tonight so we will see how many people are about.

????

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Re: Changes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 17:48:05 PM »
hi Stoop,
could you do me  a favour check out Bella Mommas, as when I was out at Easter no sign of life and not sure they were going to open. They are properly awaiting the influx from the Gulf states which I am told by those in the know will be filling all the hotels and restaurant's. watch out for sheep's eye ball on the menu that will be a clue. have a great break  :)

Offline jackstee

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 17:51:36 PM »
Bella was just about full a couple of nights ago

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 18:07:34 PM »
Bella Mamma's has historically not opened before the begining May. It's definitely open now

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 07:29:44 AM »
Anyone tried Ada beach yet, looks impressive as we drove past.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 08:47:11 AM »
I did a little piece about Bella Mama's last week.   We went and it was 9.30pm. Only three or four tables filled.
By the time we had eaten place was empty and waiters were watching us, as I am sure they wanted to close up.
Also, we like Irish or Italian Coffee and always grade the best places for it.   Some only use spray cream with dissolves quickly.  Bella's was always the top of our list really cream and plenty of alcohol.  However, last week, what a disappointment, coffee looked the same with real cream, but I could not detect much Amaretto and Phil said the same about the Whisky.   I know times are hard but 19.95TL for a coffee with little alcohol  is not cheap and we wlll not be ordering it again.
Top of the list now is the Pine Hills Restaurant in Hisaronu.   Lovely coffee and lots of alcohol, very strong.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 09:17:54 AM »
watch out for sheep's eye ball on the menu that will be a clue. have a great break   :)

I always asked the butcher to leave the eyeballs in when I bought a sheep's head. They saw me through the week.

:)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf