Author Topic: Have i done somthing so bad  (Read 9047 times)

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
Have i done somthing so bad
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2006, 19:13:18 PM »
scunner plays a masterstroke
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 21:07:17 PM by brummyboy »

Offline casey

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2006, 23:41:32 PM »
Is this forum becoming a maze? I am new to this but amazed that when I clicked on a link that got me here I cannot actually find where I am.? Forget about that though.To get to my post I am asking. Why does this particular forum feel the need to send every single member an email telling them that they will get banned from the Calis forum site if they send another email to another member advertising their services.Surely surely every member on this site gets emails like that everyday dont they and if they dont like it they will delete or block it.From what I understand from the start of this thread no more than 5 members has got an email from this person advertising his services.So why the huge reaction to this???.Would not a new post on this forum reminding members of the rules as far as spaming is concerned got the message to everyone.Being a new member I must say it amuses me of the over reaction to a simple email that was not as it seems offensive at all.I have just found this under the heading Problems using the board.??? Is this a cover up to the original topic??.
Casey.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 23:50:09 PM by casey »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Have i done somthing so bad
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2006, 11:32:31 AM »
Casey,

Far more than 5 people got the original message. I got it and there were hundreds of names on it listed as 'sent to'.

The reason everyone got a reminder from Scunner was because not everyone reads the rules before they join. It was not an abusive reminder, nor was it accusing anyone of sending spam.

Stoop
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 13:27:27 PM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf