Author Topic: BANNING SOMEONE 4 NOTHING?  (Read 4813 times)

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
BANNING SOMEONE 4 NOTHING?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 18:45:51 PM »
Maybe a 'rant' or a 'get it off your chest' room is in order? As long as there are no direct threats, slander or real bad language involved.. actually on second thoughts it would be losing the point without those 3 key ingredients!
Ah forget it. As you were!

Offline gt

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 18:55:53 PM »
talking of gardening Tinx my lawn needs weeding and cutting,i will even pour you a nice cold beer while you mow it.lol

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 19:04:44 PM »
has anyone any good stories about being banned from somewhere?

i got the sack once,the gaffer was the most impatient and aggresive bloke in the world.he told me to knock this nail into a concrete wall so i tried several times to knock it in and it would not have it,so he snatched the hammer and nail and wacked it as hard as he could,he forgot to move his thumb and it split and went purple.
i swear i was crying with laughter  so i hid under a breakfast bar rolling round the floor for about ten minutes.he caught me under there crying.

when i could stop myself crying ,he sacked me..... it was worth it though.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 20:07:08 PM by brummyboy »

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 21:02:31 PM »
I think this thread is not good to read and there needs to be a period of refection about what the Forum is all about.
There are many testimonies on this forum which say how friendly it is and how helpful it has been. All sorts of people use it, whether just  the curious, holiday planners or property owners. This includes Turkish people, other people from overseas and of course people in the UK.
While it is ok to disagree with a view expressed it is not, in my opinion, OK to character assassinate contributors or comment on their personalities in the way some people have on this thread and in some other recent ones.
It is better people simply say they disagree with a point put forward and then express there own view on the issue and not oln the person making it! I think moderators have a role to play in ensuring some of the worst character assination or persoanlity attacks don't get published. They also have a part to play by not making things worse by inflaming the situation. Sometimes I think it might be best if moderators kept more neutral and keep out of these spats. I just wonder if they are being goaded to fire other peoples bullets. If people stuck to the issues and not the personalities everyone can make a contribution and people like me can continue to use this Forum knowing it will  continue to remain a friendly forum which can be relied upon.  Now wouldn't that be nice!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 21:05:52 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 21:08:26 PM »
I agree with Stuart, there is no need for this thread to continue, he's gone, lets get on with being positive.

Tinx

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 21:23:39 PM »

You are right Tinx, he has gone (for now!: :)) so this thread is no longer relevant, so now its locked!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf