Author Topic: Holidays from Turkey  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Holidays from Turkey
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 20:22:50 PM »
Looks superb, how about popping in and negotiating a CBF discount John  ;)

While you are there, tell them they need to keep a tighter control of their guestbook [:o]

Scunner

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Holidays from Turkey
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 22:01:39 PM »
With apologies to Tink for getting off his interesting topic.....

The Hotel obviously has a long and distinguished history. Its most recent history is not so colourful but interesting.

As you can read on the website the Hotel was bought in 1996 by Ken and Margaret MacAulay (Ken's the fellow behind the bar in the Relax Link - the fellow on the other side of the bar is Hugh, a fairly wild fellow who likes a dram but who is also a very good piper).

(My firm did the Valuation of the property so I know what it was valued at - cannot divulge of course).

What it didn't say, for obvious reasons, was that the place was very run down and not doing good business. Ken and Margaret set about changing that. Ken (even to the detriment of his health) and his good lady, worked long hours setting about rectifying the situation. The gorgeous bedrooms, and they really are gorgeous, are Margaret's handiwork and are an absolute credit to her skill as an interior designer, which to the best of my knowledge she is not trained as.

Ken subsequently, sold the Hotel to the Swallow Group, staying on for a period as a "Consultant".

Last year the Swallow Group went into receivership (?) and I honestly don't know who "owns" the place now.

Scunner: - will see what I can do on the discount front :)
Heather: - I love that word "minging" - it's so descriptive - you may have a new thread there - words that excite people.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 22:44:22 PM by Highlander »

Offline turtle1961

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 15:43:10 PM »
we are going to Tunisia in May. This spring prices were very low i hope it will be the same next spring....

Offline tel

Holidays from Turkey
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 09:53:38 AM »
We go to Madeira every other January as we have an apartment there.  Apart from that we intend to exhaust Turkeys destinations as well as backpacking some more in the Greek Isles as we have still more to see there. I feel another cruise coming on too. LOL

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Holidays from Turkey
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 11:32:49 AM »
I never went too far, money reasons you understand, so it was a week in the aura bar and a week in the meri bar, lol. Alan

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Holidays from Turkey
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »
 :) Why not Alan, your settled now,  ;)

Offline lisa marie xx

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 12:43:19 PM »
Im going to England to spend xmas there and to see my nephew and we are staying in a hotel as it will be my hubbys 1st time in England so we want to treat it like a holiday!

Other than that i dont go on holiday theres no need when you have everything here in Calis

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf