Author Topic: Health insurance  (Read 6708 times)

Offline suec

Health insurance
« on: September 23, 2007, 12:48:15 PM »
We are moving to Turkey in Jan , cant wait can any one give advise on Health insurance would you recommend we take out a policy. this is a very exciting time for us and also sad as we will be leaving family behind. Hope to meet lots of new friends over there. Regards Sue&Mike

Offline Stressed Eric

Health insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:40:48 AM »
We took out health insurance here in Turkey, its an awful lot cheaper than buying it in the UK. We used Genel Sigorta. They have an office in Gocek and Aylin from there visited us at home in Ovacik to discuss the cover and give us quotes. She speaks perfect English and no pressure selling. We were very impressed and ended up insuring our home with her too.
Good luck with your move over here. You won't regret it !!!

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Health insurance
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 11:12:32 AM »
Does the health insurance cover you for 12 months, only travel insurance for the year in England only covers you for up to 90 days. Alan

Offline Firo

Health insurance
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 14:12:46 PM »
Stressed Eric, can you give us an idea of the costs for the health insurance and what it covered?
Thanks
Fi

Offline suec

Health insurance
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 14:32:02 PM »
Thanks for that Stressed Eric. We will contact them when we move into our new home in January. Cant wait now.

Offline Stressed Eric

Health insurance
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 06:10:37 AM »
Our cover cost us just under 1100ytl for both of us. We went for the middle grade of cover which gives us pretty much all the cover we'll need, except for conditions already diagnosed. (the insurance broker would obviously clarify exactly). It included health insurance cover abroad if we were visiting the UK and fell ill. The only thing is for your first year we only get accident and emergency cover...presumably to stop people taking out health insurance because they are in need on immediate treatment. I do hasten to add, I'm 39 and hubby is 45, and the older you get the more expensive the cover, but to get the same cover through bupa, it would have cost us 3 times the premium.

Offline icmeler06

Health insurance
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »
Hi would be interested in getting the phone number for this person as my duaghter has now moved permenantly to turkey and her holiday insurance runs out soon.

Offline Stressed Eric

Health insurance
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 16:38:15 PM »
Hi Icmeler,
Drop me an Email and I'll send the phome number to you.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Health insurance
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 14:56:10 PM »
I might be wrong but if you still have a UK home you can take out long term travel insurance medical cover that has good levels of cover for approximately £100.

You do need to be a UK resident but as we intend to live in Turkey for 6 months and then back to the UK for 6 months I think this would cover us?

See: http://www.insureandgo.com/Long_Stay_Travel_Insurance.htm#

Ian  :)

Offline Alan Keating

Health insurance
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 13:55:41 PM »
Sue
If you intend to live there as we do later this year, I believe it is worth taking out Medical Insurance there. There were three levels of cover on offer, you need to review. The cost will also vary with age and medical condition; exactly the same as anywhere else.
As we have said prior on this subject, we got our cover via Baris in Fethiye. There is an upper start age of 64, there is no cover beyond this. It also works with a discount for limited claims per year. I suggest that doing the homework pays; lower cost do not always give you the same cover. I trust this helps.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf