Author Topic: Do You Barter on the price of drinks? - Discuss  (Read 9082 times)

Offline grahamturner09

Do You Barter on the price of drinks? - Discuss
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 00:02:52 AM »
Yes with my mrs sat next to me  :)

honest no word of a lie we sat with Rachel hunter and her sister and had coffee i even did the honours and got the coffee's
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 00:08:45 AM by grahamturner09 »

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 09:19:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner
One thing I hate - if I'm drinking Efes and someone offers to buy me a drink I'll have an Efes. If I'm drinking a whisky and coke and someone offers I'll have a whisky and coke. I can't believe how often Tuborg quaffing folk are offered a drink by somebody, or one on the house, and suddenly decide they want a vodka and red bull [:o]

That drives me to distraction. At works 'dos' as I'm the 'boss' its expected I buy a round and its amazing how many people who were drinkng lager suddenly want JD and coke on my round. Cheeky b*st*rds!:-\

Offline javacoffee

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 09:42:25 AM »
Vote with my feet, as I have done moving from Spain to Turkey for my hols. Wow the Euro sucks.

Offline Christie

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2008, 12:15:52 PM »
When we were over in early June, our hotel bar was charging 4 for a large beer which made it the most expensive bar along the front when just a few metres along, other bars were charging 2 or 2.5.  As we usually use the bar quite a lot we commented that the price was too high and after a couple of weeks they reduced the price to 3.  We also used another little bar along the front for luches and pre dinner drinks, and without asking, they reduced the price of a bottle of Marmara by 1 lira, which we would thought was really good.  All these 1 and 1.5 lira all add up over a month so it was really helpful.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 13:00:57 PM »
[/quote]

That drives me to distraction. At works 'dos' as I'm the 'boss' its expected I buy a round and its amazing how many people who were drinkng lager suddenly want JD and coke on my round. Cheeky b*st*rds!:-\
[/quote]

You see dear wife, that's where we differ my team wouldnt dare pull that stunt cos I'd tell 'em to p1ss off and they'd get what they were originally drinking!

Offline STEVErx

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 13:20:08 PM »
dont barter just slurrr my words after a few

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 14:07:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

[/quote]

You see dear wife, that's where we differ my team wouldnt dare pull that stunt cos I'd tell 'em to p1ss off and they'd get what they were originally drinking!

Excellent Management style -  I'll have to try that one !:D
[/quote]

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 14:12:26 PM »
A Scotsman, whisky and cola?? Come on Keith,that sounds like the most sacriligeous thing to do with a drop of the cratur!!
Get it STRAiGHT down ye man. Gordy.:P[:o)][:o)] 8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 14:15:30 PM »
If I did, I'd be p****d by 10pm. Much better I do it this way and last till 10-30  ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 18:53:06 PM »
 :)We once went on holiday with someone who alternated their drinks when it was our round, it was always shorts or cocktails,its a pet hate of mine, you should always get what your drink is, its only manners,this year we actually started sending drinks back in a certain bar,actually 2 bars, because there was no vodka in it,one night, (when we were with you and steph Scun) I was pi-sed after 4 drinks,which was down to the measures I got, so those 4 proper drinks must have way out balanced 15 drinks al night. ;)if you get my meaning,:P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf