Author Topic: Big MOVE?  (Read 4886 times)

Offline sammyjorush

Big MOVE?
« on: July 28, 2004, 15:12:25 PM »
Hopefully  I am aiming to  move to Calis in April 2005. :)..But like everything it will take alot of planning :-\...As I have 3  children and I am a single mum PROUD of it aswel.. Back here at home I run my own business which I will still keep for security....But I fell in love with Calis 8 yrs ago and visit every year as many times as I can.....This year having had more health problems decided life is for living....and this is why Calis will be home from April...I am so looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to any one else who makes the move or if you are considering it... :)
Watch this space.......who knows over the next couple of planning months, I may gain alot of new friends....Takr care all  8)

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
Big MOVE?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 17:23:12 PM »
Sammyjorush,
I think it goes without saying that just being on this forum is going to make you a great number of friends because you are talking to people who have the same interest in common with yourself - namely Calis Beach.
I can safely say that since this forum began in September of last year, I have made more new real friends than I have in the last ten years or more.
I feel sure that between now and when the time comes for your move you will get all the help and advice you need from genuine friendly members who have already taken the major step of moving out there.

You've certainly got my admiration and best wishes !.

Roy

Offline sammyjorush

Big MOVE?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 19:09:53 PM »
Cheers Roy :D

Thankyou for your kind words....Do you live out there? or are you planning a move?.... 8)

I think the forum is great, I have already gained a few pen pals.....

keep in touch, if you have any tips please pass on  :-\

Take care,
Samantha [:X]

Offline Harley

Big MOVE?
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 22:23:50 PM »
Hi Samantha

Single mum with three kids and a business...  So you should be proud of yourself...  Hope everything works out for you...:D

Harley

Offline sammyjorush

Big MOVE?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 15:15:55 PM »
Cheers Harely:D

Thankyou for your kind words, Its not always been easy but I have great kids they come first before my business, But I also have good staff who I repsect and get on with quite well....Its quite funny because every school holidays I have anything from 3to25 kids to look after.....I am flexible with my staff if they cannot get babysitters for their kids then I have them in the office or at my home...I have 3 offices 1 is kitted out for the kids tv, video, playstation, computer etc etc  and a kitchen even a bed if any are sick...the newest addition is 2days old and will be visiting soon so I shall be providing a cot for her....If I look after my staff they do good work for me.......also I am NEVER short of babysitters myself ha ha

LOL Samantha 8)

Offline tintin

Big MOVE?
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 17:54:04 PM »
Good for you Samantha, it sounds like you've just taken the bull by the horns and are going for it....why not!
If as Roy says you gain alot of true friendships off this site then it sounds as though you'll never be short of babysitters when you move either.
Wishing you all the best with your future plans
Tina

Offline sammyjorush

Big MOVE?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 21:03:04 PM »
Thanx Tina

My business is about looking after old people, but I get the other end.....my staffs kids..ha ha......well at least keeping the work force happy I get good work in return......

When I move to Calis I will lose my babysitters, hey no problem my children are my world who needs babysitters....any way my eldest is 16 he can look after the little 2....ha ha....its all about compromise.....

Are you planning a move  to Calis Tina? or are you there now? or do you just holiday there?......:D

LOL....Samantha 8)

Offline don123

Big MOVE?
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 16:32:31 PM »
hi samantha,
 how old are your children and if they are still at skool have you found out about schooling.
 we are planning to move to turkey in the near future and have 2 children of schooling age.
any tips would be useful:D.
Thanks,
don123

Offline teresa321

Big MOVE?
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 17:24:58 PM »
I am re-posting this here as I got no response when I put it up alone.  You good people will be able to answer this for me.

This is something I have wondered about for a while, I have no children so it is just curiosity on my part.

If you move to Turkey with children, how do they stand with employment when they get older? Do you get Turkish citizenship after so long? Do you have to give up your British passport? Are the children able to work because they have attended school in turkey

Teresa X

Offline sammyjorush

Big MOVE?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 11:19:21 AM »
Hi Don 123
 Thankyou for your intrest in my topic, I havent been on the forum for a while due to health reasons but ime back.....

Schooling my children are 9 and 6, apparantly school age doesnt start til 8yrs old in turkey so my youngest is quite pleased about no school but if i can find somewhere that will take him earlier he is going......all my children have been in the education system since they were 3yrs old so they are not having a break now......there is a good private school in fetiyhe that is english I dont know the name of it but I am supposed to be checking it out in Sept...but my 9 yr old and requested to go to a turkish school with her turkish friends so I am torn at the moment on which to do.....also if my children go private it looks like i have no faithe in the turkish education system....so it is all about balance...but as I find things out I will surely keep you up dated............

if you ever want to email me then we can swap information without taking too much space up on the forum

LOL Samantha

Samantha, i have removed your email address.
(WHY don`t people listen :()

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf