Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 7530 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 13:06:28 PM »
And we'd want paying for such a time consuming activity - who's up for that?

Thought so.
[/quote]

ME ME ME !!!:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 13:14:36 PM »
Thought you might :D

Offline joan

Questions and Answers
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 13:55:11 PM »
Keith i can understand what you are saying, and i agree it is very difficult and i dont think there is very much you can do to change things,at the end of the day it all comes down to people respecting other people and having the manners to reply to a posting by beeing understanding and helpfull that doesn,t mean we cant have a laugh, but like i and other people have said sometimes some replies can be quite sarcastic.Over the last five years CBF has been great, it has been an assett to all us Turkey lovers and i congratulate on that and heres to the next five years,but lately because of some of the replies people are reluctant to put posts on.Tinks i dont want to go into all sorts of details  so i will mention just one i know of .One posting was made by someone asking a question and they got a reply telling them  they had spelt a word wrong  and told them how to spell a it correctly,which had no relevance to the question they asked.It has put that person off from ever posting again.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 14:05:16 PM »
Thanks Joan, don't know of the post you are referring to but that has been happening since cbf started, if the word is relevant to the question and could be put into the search option, the person concerned would find the information but it would have to be spelt correctly, if it wasn't relevant just ignore.

tinx

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Questions and Answers
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 14:16:07 PM »
I haven't seen much or any of that happening here.
All I can remember of spelling mistakes is Lances question on currant rate - & I believe Scunner was 1st to post on that. LOL  I believe Lance is still posting.
I do remember the days of Brummyboy though when his spelling mistakes were legendary & very often added to the fun - we laughed with him NOT at him. It certainly didn't stop him posting.
Tell them to come back on & get over it - we've all been subject to bloomers with spelling at some time.
We've had dyslexics come on here & haven't made fun of them. Just tell them to chill out Joan - I'm sure whatever was said was not said with malice. Except if you got the odd strange person - as we often do, on here.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 14:19:37 PM »
Joan

If I had seen that, I would have deleted it straight away. I agree with you, that is not acceptable in the cuddly world of CBF. I didn't see it and I haven't been around much recently. The way newcomers are made to feel is my greatest concern, some people have been to Calis dozens of times and people forget it may be the first time they have ever been on a forum of any description or subject. I appreciate how daunting that is for some and do try to keep an eye on it. Having said that, if you read the Introduction section, CBF is very welcoming indeed.

I don't think CBF is far wrong when it comes to serious/humourous - some forums I read are all mickey take and no substance, others are so serious I'd never want to be part of them. I like to pull people up on spelling, grammar, content etc - but I do have a decent idea how they will react (I hope [:o] ) because I know them.

So let's see if we can be a little more accommodating and helpful to new members - I've only asked 6 times before and I can't make people be that way.

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Questions and Answers
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 14:19:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

I've been accused of a few things in my time but being 'interesting' is a new one:D ;)

Stoop
I think that was one of those sarcastic jokes.  :D

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Questions and Answers
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 14:23:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

And we'd want paying for such a time consuming activity - who's up for that?

ME ME ME !!!:D
[/quote]

Stoop willing to pay.  :o .  Nah. :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Questions and Answers
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 14:23:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lindacarl

I haven't seen much or any of that happening here.
All I can remember of spelling mistakes is Lances question on currant rate - & I believe Scunner was 1st to post on that. LOL  I believe Lance is still posting.
I do remember the days of Brummyboy though when his spelling mistakes were legendary & very often added to the fun - we laughed with him NOT at him. It certainly didn't stop him posting.
Tell them to come back on & get over it - we've all been subject to bloomers with spelling at some time.
We've had dyslexics come on here & haven't made fun of them. Just tell them to chill out Joan - I'm sure whatever was said was not said with malice. Except if you got the odd strange person - as we often do, on here.

How do you think I got Cerial Killer[?]:D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 14:24:16 PM by stoop »

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

Questions and Answers
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 14:50:57 PM »
personally you lot make me giggle... keep it up cbf xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf