Author Topic: Visa runs coming to an end?  (Read 7979 times)

Offline starman

Visa runs coming to an end?
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 17:16:01 PM »
Visa price when up in the mid 90's. It was 5 pound when I first arrived.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 17:53:41 PM »
If they knock it on the head, it'll effect a lot of Turks too. Look at all those involved in running the trips, and the Pasaport Polis.

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 08:32:03 AM »
I recently read a posting on another forum that the border Police are being bolshy at the Bulgarian border and already refusing visa renewal.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 22:03:58 PM »
If they are after extra money why not charge £10 per month and you can pay at local office still works out cheaper and saves all that time going one of the islands.

quote:
Originally posted by Linda1953

I recently read a posting on another forum that the border Police are being bolshy at the Bulgarian border and already refusing visa renewal.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 22:30:54 PM »
For once it isn't about money Lance. It's a Tourist Visa, and tourists generally don't return a few hours after leaving  :)

Offline Emvs2002

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 00:00:12 AM »
So how much is it now to get a year residency's permit. 500 and something lira, i cant remember exactly how much but im sure its now cheaper than last year. Last year i worked out it was over 1000 ytl for me and my daughter this year was just under. Also i know that most holiday reps are on a holiday visa, those employed by England, so how will that work for them.

Also they say that when you apply for a residence permit you must have a full 3 month visa on your passport as it can take up to 2 months to get your passport back with permit so if holiday permits get knocked down to a week will this affect the rule. Or maybe i was told wrong about having to have at least 3 months on your visa.

Government are now cracking down on some of the things you can do on a holiday visa at present this is what i have and my daughter is in a state school they have kindly informed me that when she turns 6 and goes to primary school that she will need a kimlik number. There's only so much bribing money can do.

Offline starman

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 09:05:04 AM »
again you are hearing nothing but BS. You can apply for a residence anytime during the 3 month visa. In fact here in Istanbul you have a 15 days window after your visa has expired to apply for residence. You still get fined though but saves going to the border. residence permits take 3-4 days to process here and only need to give your passport for the first day. Izmir takes 2-3 days, Ankara takes 2 days, Samsun takes 1 day, manisa takes 1 week. If you go straight to Mugla instead of using some 3rd party in fethiye then you will get the thing processed much quicker.

Offline beldibi

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 02:42:25 AM »
I live in Marmaris, approx. 2 years ago I used a local agent, and received my 5 year resident visa in one day.  I paid the agent 100 GBP.

Offline civciv

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 21:27:30 PM »
Who did you use in Marmaris please?  I went to see a lawyer a few years ago who wanted a lot more than £100 for a 1 year visa (mind you he has a reputation for ripping people off anyway!) Thanks

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 10:17:34 AM »
Brits are getting interrogated on the sleeper to saloniki. On a previous visit I did the policeman recognised me. He looked at the passport and just pointed his finger right at me and said in a loud voice TEACHER! With absolutely no proof or basis for this. I could have property in Istanbul for all he knows but thats the general view now on any visa run up here.  I dont think my passport helped me with a zillion visa stamps in there from doing the Mais run. Im really sorry I listened to some people in Fethiye when I first arrived who convinced me that its cheaper and easier to get a visa. Initially yes but my advice to anyone coming over here is to get a residency as soon as you can.  Dont be fooled into doing the runs all the time because eventually your passport starts to arouse suspicion and its more hassle than its worth because at every border they are on to you.   Ive got residency now its far less hassle.

The thing is what I dont understand is what's it to them if you come back and forth. I mean we are spending our money here why are they trying tactics to drive people out or make life uncomfortable for people? If you have a valid 3 month visa then you are not breaking any laws.  Even if you just get your visa time and time again you are still not breaking the law.  

Also if your working here illegal or not the money you are earning is still being pumped back into the Turkish economy so whats the big deal? If your money gets paid into the bank you still pay tax on it. Someone here is benefiting from your hard earned money.  Unlike people in the UK who are screwing the benefit system and sending that money overseas. Or maybe they think we are doing this ha ha! On the pittance native teachers earn up here you must be joking!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf