Author Topic: How many pets are you allowed to import?  (Read 7419 times)

Offline janmack

How many pets are you allowed to import?
« on: September 06, 2004, 18:31:09 PM »
I have been advised that you can only bring one pet per person...does anyone know if this is correct?  There are 2 of us moving to Turkey soon but we have 3 pets - does anyone know how we can overcome this problem?

Many thanks
Jan

Offline swoop

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 19:58:02 PM »
you can bring in 1 pet per person and no there is no way around it.

Offline janmack

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:29:01 AM »
If a third person joined us would we then be able to take the 3 pets?  Is it compulsory to have a residence visa?
Cheers

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:05:19 AM »
You do not need residency to bring a pet. I am not sure if it is one pet per passenger but if that is correct then a third person could bring one.

Ensure also that before you book your tickets you have confirmation from the airline that it is possible to bring pets on your chosen flight - when I did all this it wasn't easy, it epends on the amount of cargo being taken, size/height restrictions of the hold etc.

Mind you I was hoping to bring my aquarium with me and had trouble finding enough people travelling for each of my 60 guppies.

Ignore the last bit

Scunner

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 11:29:09 AM »
Thaks for that last advice, Scunner, I won't bother about our beehive in that case :P
Pete:(

Offline janmack

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 11:56:25 AM »
Thanks Scunner.  I will try to find out if it one pet per passenger somehow or other.  I've spoken to Defra, they refer me to the Turkish Consulate, I've spoken to someone in the consulate, they referred me to the airline I'm travelling with, I've spoken to them and they said they didn't know!  Ever felt like you're getting nowhere fast!!

Jan

Offline agazina

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 17:56:35 PM »
It is one pet per person and make sure all the shots and paperwork are upto date. I work for a removal and relocation company here in Turkey so I know the facts. Different airlines charge different ways some by weight some by cubic feet. best advice is to ask your vet but the one pet per person rule stands.

Offline janmack

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 19:27:07 PM »
Thanks agazina - just to clarify that me, my husband and my brother-in-law can take one pet each on the same flight...is that correct?  The vaccinations and paperwork are in order, just waiting for the export health certificate once we have a definite date.
Cheers
Jan

Offline agazina

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 21:26:27 PM »
No problem Jan, but you will have fun at customs. dont worry its just turkish redtape and those that live here know whats that is like.

Offline 5neeky

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 22:52:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by agazina

No problem Jan, but you will have fun at customs. dont worry its just turkish redtape and those that live here know whats that is like.

Yeah, it keeps you fit....all that running around.....no need for the gym :D LOL

5-

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf