Author Topic: My Film Star Chamber Pot in Liverpool  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
My Film Star Chamber Pot in Liverpool
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:02 AM »
I was quite excited this week when I sold an Edwardian chamber pot to a film producer who needed it for a film he was starting to make next week in Liverpool. I had visions of my potty being used in a film set in Edwardian times and being seen under a bed in a gorgeous room....
When it arrived safely I got an email thanking me. I emailed back and asked about the film.It's a short film to be made by a group of young people in Kirkby as part of the Clapperboard UK Youth Film project (www.clapperboarduk.com). The film is about anti-social behaviour, is provisionally called 'Dogs' and features a nan, who's being harassed by a bunch of teenage hooligans. She takes her revenge by collecting her "business" in her potty for a few days, and then pouring it out of the bedroom window over the villain's heads
After my initial disappointment in my potty's starring role. I then felt really pleased to reading about the this group and seeing the famous people such as Alison Steadman and Craig Cash getting involved in helping. I think it's really great that such projects exist to encourage young people.   It lovely to read something positive about youth in this country these days.
I look forward to receiving my promised DVD in May.:D ;)


« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:38:08 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »
Hi Jacqui

How exciting for you and your potty. Maybe there will be a way you can share the film with us here on the forum.

Just picking up your point about young people; I think young people are generally under rated and undervalued in today's society.

In my former life I was involved in many projects working with young people on a range of issues that involved them bringing about change for the benefit of themselves and others. Mediums like film, drama were often part of the process.

It is great that there are opportunities for young people to develop not only their own practical skills and knowledge that may help them in the future but also their understanding of theirs and others situations.

I never ceased to be amazed by the creativity, thoughtfulness and potential of the young people I worked with when they were given the opportunities.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 18:48:22 PM »
ahhh,good sale jaquie
kirkby my old town,chambers pots full of doodo have been happening for years and a few others stories that would make your hair curl
no wonder i have to go the hairdresser to get mine straightened

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
Used to visit Kirkby Market on Saturdays and then have a buzz around the shops, I remember a great bakery, however, never got a chamber pot full from a window, (where you out on a Saturday Puma?) always found the people there extra friendly  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf