Author Topic: Anna's Aparthotel  (Read 6646 times)

Offline Patty

• Poster
Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 17:42:24 PM »
Have anyone stayed here since the new owners have taken over.....

Patty

Offline Robw

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 08:52:50 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Patty

Have anyone stayed here since the new owners have taken over.....

Patty

Friends of mine stayed early May and were delighted.

Offline AndyLin

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 09:31:03 AM »
Went over the other day to meet friends for a drinks, spoke to a few couples who are staying there and they are very happy with everything. Got shown around a couple of rooms as have friends coming over in Sept and might get them the rooms there.
Lin

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 20:45:40 PM »
This small and friendly hotel was taken over by cathy and jennup who also run the cafe Pazar.They are a great couple who would do anything for you.They will also organise a transfer for you from any airport, provide a hire car etc.book with confidence.

Offline Lynn Hurst

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 12:51:41 PM »
wooooo we staying there September, can't wait. 8) :)

Offline auroua

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
I looked to book these through tavel republic but it says they are b&b?

Offline amca

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 18:26:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by auroua

I looked to book these through tavel republic but it says they are b&b?

There are a couple of self catering apts.. Maybe just not available for your dates.

Offline Jenny1

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 09:03:30 AM »
Hi, has anybody stayed at Anna Apartments recently?
I heard mixed reviews when over in June regarding the rooms? Maybe I should have taken a look while I was there!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:03:58 AM by Jenny1 »

Offline LeeGlo

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 10:20:33 AM »
My daughter and her husband stayed in a self catering unit there first week of May. The rooms are basic but clean and owners/staff seemed friendly. They were happy with it anyway and plan to come back next year.

Offline sagirl

Anna's Aparthotel
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 13:17:57 PM »
We returned yesterday from Calis having stayed two weeks at the Anna Apart Otel.
It was interesting to say the least!  Basically you get what you pay for. Unfortunately a lot of people paid a lot more than we did.   It is quite hard to write this review because generally we weren't too unhappy but over the two weeks we saw some fun and games going on with people moving out and major arguments taking place.
We stayed B & B not in the apartments.  The rooms are very small, however the beds are comfortable.  There is a small cupboard but basically you have to live out of your suitcase.  The bathrooms are adequate always hot water but the showers need regrouting and you have to hold the shower head as the fittings are broken.  The AC's work very well however you need to pay an extra £25 per week for them.  On the second day I spoke to the Turkish lady who did the cleaning and promised her a tip, from then on we had no problems with our bedding being changed regularly and our bathroom bin being emptied. I also always took the time to thank her and have a few words with her and when we left yesterday we gave her a good tip.

Now for the not so good..the loud music played continuously some nights until later than 4am, this didn't bother us as we had AC so closed our balcony door and we were also the furthest room away from the bar but it annoyed many people. Many people were complaining that they had ants in their rooms and after 5 days their rooms weren't cleaned or the toilet bin emptied, when they asked for their room to be cleaned or more toilet paper they were told they would be charged extra even though they were paying B & B.  Don't be late for breakfast even 5 minutes as you will be charged for this breakfast. And most importantly if you buy drinks or food  pay for it straight away DO NOT run up a tab, this was the biggest problem in the hotel and one day it almost ended in the tourist police being phoned, as when a lovely Scottish lady booked out she had another couples drinks on her bill from the night before, when she queried it the manager said that the other couple told him to put the drinks on her bill!!!  
The pool was always clean however most of the sun beds are broken be very careful before you sit or lay on one, you need to check it.  The hotel is on the main road and very noisy.  Also if you are an animal lover as I am I was very upset as I saw two dogs run over in the road infront of the hotel.

The hotel is very badly run, one day Turkish guests staying in the hotel bought in their own take away food and sat next to the pool eating it even though the hotel restaurant is right there.  The staff never emptied ashtrays or came to the pool to ask if anyone wanted a drink so with the result everyone walked across the road to the supermarket and bought the drinks from there and bought them back to the pool.
We did laugh one day as a couple arrived at the hotel at 5.30am to be met by a very drunk manager who struggled to take them to their room and then eventually he got them there and managed to get the door open, it was already occupied.  Must say we had a little laugh but then we weren't the ones arriving tired at that time of the morning.
There was a Turkish man around who  was the 'manager' he was very unfriendly and spoke basically no English, he also took our AC control from our room after 6 days and told us we had had it for 7 days, tried to charge us for drinks we never had, and if we did would have paid for them straight away.  There was also an English guy called Duggie who we saw 4 days of the 14 days we were there as he was trying to sort out all the complaints, he was a nice enough guy but was never really around.

A few good points.. the young guys behind the bar were very friendly especially the guy who was also the chef.  He worked extremely hard all hours and infact so often I thought he would make a very good manager as he seemed to try and sort out all the problems.
Its about a 10 minute walk to the front but the dolmus runs straight outside the hotel so easy to get around or to go into Fethiye.  Supermarket across the road so easy to get water or anything else you needed.

Would I stay here again, no I probably wouldn't because for an extra few pound a night there are better places to stay in Calis.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 13:25:12 PM by sagirl »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf