Author Topic: Pets Arriving At Dalaman Airport  (Read 4933 times)

Offline col

Pets Arriving At Dalaman Airport
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 16:52:36 PM »

We brought our 2 cats over two years ago, they were left outside the office near the baggage reclaim where the staff in the office check your paperwork. There was no problems at all, you just take them with you after this.
quote:
Originally posted by salnrog

We understood it was the staff who check pets into Turkey at the airport that went off duty, not the staff unloading luggage.  The pets had already been unloaded, but could not be released to their owner.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 19:21:07 PM »
Both Istanbul and Dalaman, no problems at all. Been in and out a couple of times now.
Will be bringing Charlie back in May next year and dont expect any problems.

But we did have the transportation problem and ended up bringing him into the cabin in a cage that really was to small. They wouldn't allow him in the hold.
Fortunately we could let him out of the cage once we were airborn.

Rgds

Steve

Offline janmack

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 22:08:46 PM »
We brought 3 pets over 6 years ago and they were waiting by the carousel (old airport) when we went to collect our luggage.
The Dalaman staff were great, really attentive, bringing water and fussing over them.  They were greatly amused by us foreigners and our "daftness" about our pets.
We have never actually met anyone whose pet was stranded overnight although we have heard the stories.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 08:00:21 AM »
That's good to hear so it's a shame that are seemingly unwilling to treat us poor passengers to a similar standard!

Offline salnrog

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Thanks everyone for putting my mind at rest.

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 17:05:43 PM »
I brough my cat out in October - by the time I had collected my baggage and asked at the information desk my cat was waiting with a man by the luggage carousel.  He asked for my paperwork and took me to customs man - they checked paperwork and the nice man pushed my trolley for me whilst I carried the cat - he didn't leave me until he had handed me over to the person collecting me - 80 kgs of luggage and the cat.  I didn't use a pet transport company - I did all the paperwork with my vet in the UK and there was no tax to pay when I arrived.  I did have to pay the cargo people in Cardiff £60 for opening 2 hours early so I could check my cat in before my early flight  :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf