Author Topic: Nadias Bar  (Read 11795 times)

Offline june

Nadias Bar
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
Chris, I 100% second eveything you have said...

Offline busybee

Nadias Bar
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »
Wot goes around comes around.....they deserve everything they bloody get OR NOT in this case:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nadias Bar
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 13:19:21 PM »
And never forget mayor Kerametin Yilmaz, who said he could see no difference between keeping the dolphins in this tiny swimming pool and people keeping a dog in the house.

Offline scouser2

Nadias Bar
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

And never forget mayor Kerametin Yilmaz, who said he could see no difference between keeping the dolphins in this tiny swimming pool and people keeping a dog in the house.

I wonder if he will be re-elected?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nadias Bar
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 08:46:22 AM »
He has to negotiate his way out of this first: {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}32257

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Nadias Bar
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
Sadly the majority of tourists that would have used 'Nasty Nadias' this season may never have known her involvement with the Dolphins.  We need to ensure that it isn't a forgotten memory and that now, as much as ever Tom and Misha need our support in their on going rehabilitation.  I, my family and friends, regular visitors to Turkey will never go in the establishment again, and they will pass on the word to others.

However, a message to Nadia - its not too late - if you regret your involvement and wish to make amends I'm sure the rehab fund would like to receive some of your profits.  Actions speak louder than words............

Offline Rosy

Nadias Bar
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 13:16:17 PM »
What profits?? Their  takings must be well down.!!!!! Maybe those given sweeteners to open this pool in the first place could donate that money to the future rehab of Tom and Misha. This would be good for their souls, if they have any that is!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Nadias Bar
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 13:51:40 PM »
I find it very sad that people have gone from working so hard to free the dolphins, to now trying destroy someones lively hood, they were guilty of trying to make a fast buck like most bussiness people in any country would.
I am sure once they saw the state of the place they were kept in they did not agree with it any more than we did.
Very rare I go to Hisaronu so I have no vested interest in Nadia's bar, I think I went in about 10 years ago.
Mark

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nadias Bar
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 13:56:49 PM »
That isn't the case at all Mark. Long after being guilty of trying to make a fast buck and seeing the state of the place, Nadia's Bar tried to drown out the speeches at the peaceful protest march. By then they knew exactly the state the dolphins were being kept in. Furthermore, most business people in the area did NOT try and make a quick buck from the dolphinarium.

I think you will find they tried to destroy their own livelihood and did it very well. Same for Hamish McTurk and Seaside Tours, most tour companies lectured people who asked about it and pleaded with them not to support it by buying tickets. Nobody is to blame for any damage to their businesses but themselves.

Offline janmack

Nadias Bar
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 14:15:36 PM »
Sad but very true Keith.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf