Author Topic: Fethiye Vets - One to Avoid!  (Read 3219 times)

Offline gill61

Fethiye Vets - One to Avoid!
« on: July 26, 2010, 15:05:20 PM »
Eva Veteriner Klinigi next to Cafe Pazar in Calis...we took our female dog there last week to be sterilised, a simple operation but obviously not to this vet.  On collecting our dog later in the day we found her still totally unconscious, taking her a good 8 hours to come round.  This compared to our other female dog who had the same op at Uzumlu Dogs Home and took less than an hour to come round.

Over the following 2 to 3 days we noticed our dogs breasts swelling and they started to produce milk...she was obviously suffering badly.  We called the vet out to examine her.  On his arrival he giggled, seemingly finding it amusing.  After examining our dog he called the situation 'interesting'.  On questioning him about the situation he stated that he would speak to his 'teacher'.  After getting over the shock of the comment he told us he was a student vet and therefore obviously not fully qualified.  Inbetween these comments he giggled obviously finding it amusing.

The following day my husband was at Cafe Pazar in Calis and the vet approached him asking how BB (the dog) was.  He then said he had spoken to his 'teachers' for advice on what aftercare treatment should be given to a dog after a full hysterectomy!!!...so now we get to the truth.  This so-called vet who admitted he isnt fully qualified has performed a totally unnecessary procedure on our dog leaving her traumatised, in obvious pain, having a phantom pregnancy and finding (in his words) the situation 'interesting'.  He was advised by his 'teachers'that she may need hormone treatment.  We have since found out this vet was accused by Pam Sykes of killing her dog after a simple castration operation.  After lengthy complaints to the correct authorities nothing seemed to happen and apparently this vet has a lot of friends and is well liked in Calis.

This so-called vet is no more than a butcher and one definitely to avoid if you love your pets.  We are going to follow Pam's line and complain to the correct authorities and pursue this matter till this man is struck off.

We know that a lot of people on here wont like what we're saying because of the popularity of the person but popularity in our book counts for nothing if a man in his position abuses it as he does.:(

Offline minxer

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 16:09:59 PM »
you have my full support if needed.. pamx

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:21:34 AM »
We hope that you have found another vet to provide the aftercare that your dog obviously needs?

If you need to find a vet who truly cares about animals, we can recommend Serkan Tarim who is a medical veterinary surgeon.
His contact no's are :- 0252 612 62 66 and 0534 291 91 54.

Hope your dog will be on the mend soon.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »
Yusuf Kayicik is head of the Veterinary Association in Mugla

Tel 0535 7237070

Good luck with your complaint.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 23:47:02 PM »
how awful hope you get some thing sorted out soon

Offline Paul Brock

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 19:56:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by gill61

Eva Veteriner Klinigi next to Cafe Pazar in Calis...we took our female dog there last week to be sterilised, a simple operation but obviously not to this vet.  On collecting our dog later in the day we found her still totally unconscious, taking her a good 8 hours to come round.  This compared to our other female dog who had the same op at Uzumlu Dogs Home and took less than an hour to come round.

Over the following 2 to 3 days we noticed our dogs breasts swelling and they started to produce milk...she was obviously suffering badly.  We called the vet out to examine her.  On his arrival he giggled, seemingly finding it amusing.  After examining our dog he called the situation 'interesting'.  On questioning him about the situation he stated that he would speak to his 'teacher'.  After getting over the shock of the comment he told us he was a student vet and therefore obviously not fully qualified.  Inbetween these comments he giggled obviously finding it amusing.

The following day my husband was at Cafe Pazar in Calis and the vet approached him asking how BB (the dog) was.  He then said he had spoken to his 'teachers' for advice on what aftercare treatment should be given to a dog after a full hysterectomy!!!...so now we get to the truth.  This so-called vet who admitted he isnt fully qualified has performed a totally unnecessary procedure on our dog leaving her traumatised, in obvious pain, having a phantom pregnancy and finding (in his words) the situation 'interesting'.  He was advised by his 'teachers'that she may need hormone treatment.  We have since found out this vet was accused by Pam Sykes of killing her dog after a simple castration operation.  After lengthy complaints to the correct authorities nothing seemed to happen and apparently this vet has a lot of friends and is well liked in Calis.

This so-called vet is no more than a butcher and one definitely to avoid if you love your pets.  We are going to follow Pam's line and complain to the correct authorities and pursue this matter till this man is struck off.

We know that a lot of people on here wont like what we're saying because of the popularity of the person but popularity in our book counts for nothing if a man in his position abuses it as he does.:(

pls try Kent Vet which is next to Migros...there are the couple, both r very professional and helpful...really ospital for the pets...we like their company and also personalities...

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 20:31:58 PM »
Obviously this 'vet' is a worry, if he is'nt qualified, and is performing operations.  I hope you get to the bottom of this, and it is good you have warned people.  I would like to know the outcome.

I confess to being confused though because you say you took dog to be sterilised, then you say that he "has performed a totally unnecessary procedure on our dog", (full Hysterectomy?).  Perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick, but surely a full hysterectomy was what you wanted? -Admittedly you expected a qualified Vet to do it...

Offline cinders

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 20:05:52 PM »
Hi just caught this on Vets to avoid,
I believe you can have animals sterilised via tying tubes therefore avoiding total hysterectomy. Seems this vet went too far and am also glad you let other  people know.
C

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 20:25:20 PM »
If you had that done the poor bitch would still come into season and be clamouring for 'romance', but wouldn't be able to get pregnant.  More to the point, she would be very attractive to the males too.  I don't believe this is the method done in UK and would not want it done to my dogs here.

Offline cinders

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 05:50:41 AM »
Correct, however this procedure is called tubal ligation, and can be carried out in female animals, instead of full hysterectomy.
Take your point on romance it does not stop libido, just stops pregnancy
XX ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf