Author Topic: another break in  (Read 7867 times)

Offline soniatheobald

another break in
« on: September 07, 2010, 16:18:24 PM »
there was another break in last night at archways (st nicholas) the unfortunate holidaymakers were packed ready to leave today and had only popped out to the escape bar for a quick last drink.the thieves took various items including their flight tickets and passports.i hope they got back to the uk.it gives the impression that they are watching people and awaiting their opportunity to strike.please be aware and keep an eye out for anyone hanging around and looking suspicious.this seems to happen too frequently in the five years i have lived here.:(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
another break in
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 16:34:57 PM »
Not sure where this is in Koca. Or the Escape bar?

Bloody annoying though I bet and I hope they catch these Swines!

We all need to be careful I guess.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
another break in
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 16:39:08 PM »
Archways is the Nicholas Homes complex adjacent to the big roundabout at the Koca Calis end of the 22 metre road.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
another break in
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 16:54:01 PM »
.. and Escape Bar? (don't like to miss a possible Efes opportunity ;))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 16:54:46 PM by stoop »

Offline tel

another break in
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 17:36:12 PM »
Stoop, thats on the roundabout as Scunner says.From your place its past the Defne straight over the road and passing alongside the Nazar Gdn,which comes out at the said roundabout.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:50:51 AM by tel »

Offline Coniston1

another break in
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 13:38:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by soniatheobald

there was another break in last night at archways (st nicholas) the unfortunate holidaymakers were packed ready to leave today and had only popped out to the escape bar for a quick last drink.the thieves took various items including their flight tickets and passports.i hope they got back to the uk.it gives the impression that they are watching people and awaiting their opportunity to strike.please be aware and keep an eye out for anyone hanging around and looking suspicious.this seems to happen too frequently in the five years i have lived here.:(

Havent used this forum for quite some time because of irritating and irelevent posts by other members but i would just like to let other members know that it was my villa that was broken into (A1 Archways) for the 4th time in three years.There must have been another breakin at  Archways that i am not awear of because all that was stolen from the guests who where staying at my villa was a laptop a portable DVD player and £300 pounds cash. It is very disturbing and to be honest we are thinking of selling up and moving.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
another break in
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 15:46:14 PM »
4 times in 3 years is very disturbing. What sort of security do they have on the complex or is it just open for anyone to walk in?

I think we would be thinking the same if we had been broken into so many times.

Offline Coniston1

another break in
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
An update on the recent breakin at Archways on Monday. There was only one breakin, as my wife Anne deals with most matters concerning the villa I did not have all the details when I made my last post.The breakin occoured on monday evening when our friends Anne and Barry and there family who where staying at our villa where out for the night.This happened between 7:30 and 9pm. The thief or thiefs gaind entry by forcing a bay window (the same window as the last breakin). A laptop poratable dvd player camera ipod and £300 cash where taken. Fortunetly no passports or airline tickets where taken.Upon discovering the breakin one of Annes daughters whent back over to the Escape Bar where Murat the owener phoned the Gandarma and then came across to the villa to reassure everybody.The Gandarma arrived soon after but as the thieves where long gone there was little they could on the night.My wife Anne phoned The Nicholas emergancy no and they sent a representative to the villa to interperate for the Gandarma a task that Murat took on himself until they arrived.On Wednesday morning Nicholas Group provided a car and an interperator to take Anne and Barry to the police station to make a statment. It appears that there where a no of breakins that night 16 in fact and the police seem to have some leads. Will let you know of any further developments.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
another break in
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 09:18:39 AM »
Well done for reporting it to the police ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
another break in
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 09:56:08 AM »
So is there any security around the complex? No guard? I can't remember if there is perimeter fencing but I suppose at that time any gate wouldn't have been locked anyway. Hopefully the police will get somewhere with the leads and catch these people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf