Author Topic: No exchange at Kipa  (Read 2239 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
No exchange at Kipa
« on: October 17, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »
Friends of ours on complex preparing today for their daughters birthday party, discovered approx 10kilo of chicken bought friday had gone off(not out of date on packaging or result of power cut, no problem with fridge) took it back to Kipa, was told they could only change with receipt, came back and luckily found receipt, back to Kipa to be now told they would,nt change it because they must have kept it out of the fridge, WHAT A DISGUSTING ATTITUDE THAT IS! hence lost custom. so beware to people who think Kipa is Tesco, in England they would change goods no problem. i personally think Kipa is more expensive than migros,carrfour,tansas, or bim.

Offline scouser2

No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:13:47 AM »
That's disgusting.The wife won't buy meat from kipa anymore, as she has bought chicken and when she got it home and opened the pack, it stank!
She has bought clothes from there and has had no problem exchanging them, although their customer service staff do leave a lot to be desired.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »
I would suggest you email Tesco Head Office in England and let them know.  If they think that the word is going around the big British Community over in Fethiye that Kipa stinks they will soon do something about it.  I recently complained to Tesco about an item my husband had to pick up and the desk was closed due to a local holiday and we where not told.  I had an email to apologise and then a call also to apologise and they sent me a £10.00 voucher.  I think their Customer Service Dept, is very "on the ball"
I think it's always best to go to the Organ Grinder and not the Monkey ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:05:04 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline philrose

No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »
Yes I'm afraid Kipa's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. As they are part of the Tesco Group they are obliged to have the same returns policy as Tesco PLC so stick to your guns and demand a refund. If all else fails contact Paul Ritchie who is Kipa's CEO in Turkey, I won't put his email address on here but you can easily google it....

Offline Eric

No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 16:54:10 PM »
I took some empty Efes bottles back (16 in total) to get my deposit back.  I had bought them over several weeks as 4 packs.  Went to customer services and they refused to give me back my deposit without the receipts. I asked that I am supposed to keep every receipt when I buy Efes to which the answer was yes, otherwise how would we know that you bought them from us and not your corner shop!  Fair point, but, why would I drive all the way down from Uzumlu to Kipa if I had bought them from the corner shop?  No answer was the reply.  I left the bag of bottles on the floor and walked away in disgust (I wasn't taking them back home again) He had a funny look on his face then, obviously thinking why was I leaving the bottles there. Did some shopping in the store and when I got to the checkout the bottles were still where I left them with the Kipa guy looking at me and then the bottles quizzically.  I just smiled at him and walked out.  His problem now trying to account for them not mine!  I don't buy bottled beer from there now.

On the upside, I bought 2 Varta 9v batteries from there last week.  When I got them home neither of them had a charge in them.  I took them back, with the receipt, and exchanged them without any problems (I changed them for Duracell and paid the difference as the Varta batteries could have been a bad batch).

Offline lord berry

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 13:17:43 PM »
i was at that birthday party where mainly due to the chef the chicken was among the best i have ever tasted , fresh and obtained from a local butcher in Calis . No more KIPAchicken for me folks .

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 15:57:34 PM »
They should have changed it but I remember years back when I worked in supermarkets that some women would come back with chickens that had gone off. We always refunded but asked a few polite questions to try and find out how long it took them to get it in their fridge. It was surprising how many had stopped for a chat, gone shopping elsewhere or called into see a friend and not realised that in the heat chickens can go off in about 30-45mins. They put them into the fridge wrapped and they are already on the turn.

Offline Eric

No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 16:12:03 PM »
We have an electric cool bag which plugs into the aux socket in the car.  Brilliant for the weather here, meat, butter, yoghurt, even ice cream is kept fresh/frozen for a long while so we can finish off other shopping.

Offline tel

No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 06:47:39 AM »
Does the car start after Fi finishes shopping? LOL
Only joking guys

Offline Eric

No exchange at Kipa
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 15:48:23 PM »
 :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf