Author Topic: Traffic violation and i wasnt even in the country  (Read 7218 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Traffic violation and i wasnt even in the country
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 23:08:01 PM »
And never once was the thought of a ban even contemplated! I love a discussion/arguement/row as much as (probably more than) the next man and I do want people who disagree with my (rarely mellow) views to stand their ground and we can all have a good ruck and finish off by shaking hands and going for a pint. It is one of my greatest frustrations about myself that I find debating more and more difficult when the intellect of the opposition is poor, as it was here. Nobody has to tell me about the difficulties and negatives of life in Turkey - I was removed from my own business at gunpoint for Christ's sake - but I cannot say nothing when people bend stories to show anti-British racism by the authorities as was the case here. Similarly, the stories about how British owners had to pay the recent road tax and it was higher because Turks didn't have to pay it - there is a sinister and wholly fabricated ex-pat agenda in place and to my mind far too many ex-pats far too ready to take any old gossip as gospel. Once again, that was totally untrue too.

I don't stop anyone having a view and sharing it, but where the truth is cast to one side I will try to expose the bigotry. There is no simpler scenario - if you truly believe you are being victimised then you must get out - but none of them do, they prefer to stay and suffer - I don't think so.

Please also try to accept that I do know what I am doing, as do the team of moderators. People like Ovacikpeedoff find they have a different view to me (or others) and we disagree and get on with it, in almost adult fashion (!). People like Fethiye2003 set off the alarm bells within 30 seconds of making their first post - even when there is nothing obviously aggressive or antagonistic in that first post at all - there is a sixth sense that all of the team can get that something isn't quite right - they came to cause problems and we just sit back watching the grenade, waiting for the moment when it goes off.

These people are not CBF compatible and are here to try to spoil it for all of us. They won't.

Lecture over, cheers.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 23:37:17 PM »
What i cant understand is that if you knew your  ! friend was'nt going to pay up, why make this post in the first place,or am I missing something,?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 23:46:16 PM »
Well

You are missing the fact that he can't answer you anymore :D

That's the point exactly though - he knows who it is and knows they won't/can't pay, so twists it into an anti-British victimisation claim. It's nothing of the sort - either he pays or the guy who opens his tins of Whiskas pays - there is no institutional racism against the British in this story after all. Unsurprisingly.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 23:53:40 PM »
I blame the moggies.  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 23:57:24 PM »
Tinx was quite concerned about the whole thing but once he read that a bloke was coming round while he was away to feed his cat he seemed fine lol

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 23:58:14 PM »
Maybe it was a Turkish person who was in charge of the cats??
Gordy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 00:05:53 AM »
Well I did assume it was, yes Gordy.

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 09:18:39 AM »
Surely, anyone who lives here knows, anyone using their vehicle and does something wrong, then the owner of said vehicle is liable, one of the first things you learn.  I had an English friend look after my animals for 2 months while I,ve been in Nepal and India, and even though I trust him, still put keys of car and scooter in safe, so noone could use them.  Better to be safe than sorry, you,ll just have to pay and put it down to experience

Offline starman™

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 07:41:32 AM »
The fine is registered to the vehicle no matter who may be driving it. This rule applies to everyone, no matter if they come from UK, Turkey or Uranus. This "picking on the yabancis" comment is ridiculous and stupid. I have been living here a lot longer than most people here and I have never come across this mysterious yabanci tax or bills etc.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf