Author Topic: best shop for gold  (Read 2601 times)

Offline cupcakee

best shop for gold
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
heyyy can anyone advise me where the best gold and best price shop is?

thanks in advance :-\

Offline littlereddevil

best shop for gold
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 16:50:17 PM »
We have used the same jeweller for over 20 years and are always more than happy with his price and service. Have also had items made, beautiful too. He is Erdal Karaoren and his shop is near one of the fish market entrances. Doesn't speak much english mind you but can get someone to help  if necessary.

Offline cupcakee

best shop for gold
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 17:35:09 PM »
Thankss! me and my husband are getting new wedding rings on our anniversary and as we are new to here wouldnt like to get ripped off!

thanks again
x

Offline turkeysue

best shop for gold
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 22:07:38 PM »
i always go up to hisaronu to oz gold lovley family run shop..will make anything you require..they all speak perfect english..i always go with a list of things to buy and repair.. 8):D

Offline turkeysue

best shop for gold
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 22:11:32 PM »
sorry forgot to say never been ripped off....quite the opposite..the value of numerous bits i have bought have been valued a good 30%+ when valued in england..you wont be dissappointed.good luck.

Offline AnneandTerry

best shop for gold
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 15:34:08 PM »
We were recommended to go to Dickman (on the one-way system, a few doors up from the Change Office) and have always had excellent service and very good value for money.   Had a gold ring made into earrings there last week.  Have to go back to UK and save our pennies up for our next visit!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
best shop for gold
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 19:42:43 PM »
Dikmen is my recommendation too. They're also very good for jewellery repairs

Offline kizkucuk

best shop for gold
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 16:00:24 PM »
I would recommend Dikmen - see Kemal or Dikmen also own Elif Gold in Paspateur - see Nusret or if in Hisaranou Mohammad at Elif Gold.  This is a family run business and many of the staff are Dikmens or related. Excellent quality and service.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
best shop for gold
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 16:50:44 PM »
I got a lovely bracelet in Dikmens a couple of years ago, I was really pleased with it.
Last year I took in a  small cameo brooch,  that had belonged to my Grandmother and asked for a new gold setting for it.  I was told they would make a small frame with a catch at the back.  I also took in a ring belonging to my daughter that had lost a small stone and a watch that needed a very small repair to the catch.   The owner looked the repairs and said he would only charge for the brooch.  It would be 250.00  I  though that quite good.  One week later I called back and picked up my things.  The brooch was nice, but the setting was quite plain and thin.  I handed over 250 Lira.  Then he told me it was £250.00.  I nearly dropped to the floor.  He was adamant and I had to go and get my husband and get £250.00 to pay him.   It was my own fault I should have got a written estimate with the price in an agreed currency, but I thought in Turkey it would be Turkish Lira.   I must admit I felt a real fool and it still pains me to think about it.[:(!]
I would not use this Jeweller again, and would advise if you use him for repairs get something in writing.   The stone they put in my daughter's ring fell out and needs to be repaired again.
I might add I saw a similar Cameo for sale in a local Antique Jewellery Shop in the U.K.for £90.00.:(  
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 16:52:08 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline posleeds

best shop for gold
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 17:19:09 PM »
Ooooo-one of those "been had" moments - I bet it will gall you for ever - it would me [:(!]
I would have been exactly the same - expecting the price to be in TL & if it wasn't they should have made it very clear from the start!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf