Author Topic: Edi's Silver Shop - Brilliant  (Read 2519 times)

Offline hopwo1n

Edi's Silver Shop - Brilliant
« on: May 21, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »
If you go to Calis you MUST go into Edi's Silver Shop - its on the main road leading away from the beach (just over the bridge) in between the cocktail bar (B52's? and the Meeting Point Restaurant) - Edi the owner is a lovely genuine bloke who sells really good value unique jewelery - I could not keep my wife out of the place!!!- if you want some good quality silver - this is the place to go. We bought some nice stuff and one night wanted to buy a silver bracelet which was about £40 but did not have enough cash on us. Edi said "take the bracelet and come back tomorrow to pay me"!!- he had only seen us a few times so talk about TRUSTING!! - we did of course go back and pay!!! but he is a lovely interesting guy so call in just to say hello - even if you do not buy anything. THANKS Edi!! we will be back one year!!! 8)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 13:25:37 PM »
Have to agree Edi is ace! Been a character in calis for so long as we remember ! He used to be over the bridge where Bellissimo  silver shop is . In fact I am wearing earrings bought from Edis right now! He is a lovely person too!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 21:34:35 PM »
Yes definitely one of the great Calis characters - I remember being told he is known as something like "the newspaper" as he knows all the news and goings on in town. A very proud man and a funny guy too.

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 22:11:24 PM »
We think Edi is great too, Kayakebab bought some nice earrings there only this morning, and he cleaned her old ones for free... :) :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 22:46:20 PM »
and he cleaned a ring, and he asked me to go back on Wednesday and he will clean all the inside of the ring too and he's going to replace a missing stone on my necklace for just 10tl.
He's just great, and as others say a real character

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 17:37:47 PM »
Edi refused to charge me, he said to let everyone know about his shop instead. And I will.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »
oh dear......it seems i may just have to go in search of this silver shop.....I really do need another trinket or two.... ;):D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 14:24:50 PM »
He does have some lovely pieces in there, popped in the other night and he had some lovely Turkish pendants with diamante.

Offline jul bri

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 13:54:54 PM »
went in search for edi,s place today,found it easy because of hopwo1n directions,you were definitely right, lovely shop i was spoilt for choice ,but it was a bracelet i wanted and after showing me a few i found the perfect one .and very reasonable priced , it was put in a lovely gift bag as he knew it was a present for my step daughter birthday.next visit a present for my self me thinks !!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 14:16:17 PM »
Please mention the forum if you go in to Edi's - I'm not on commission I promise but it would be nice for him to know we are talking about him on here (in a good way  :) ).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf