Author Topic: West Highland railway line  (Read 755 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
West Highland railway line
« on: June 03, 2011, 17:37:26 PM »
Runs right behind my backn garden. Thyere's been some wonderful old steam trains going up it in the last 3 weeks.
This one's just passed by.
http://www.orient-express.com/web/uktr/northern_belle_train.jsp

Offline sannyrut

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 15:21:54 PM »
I did think it might run behind your house after you posted about your grandson.How is he.Growing fast no doubt.This is probably,no definitely,the most beautiful stretch of railway line in the world.Absolutely fandabydosytripledosy.The first time I travelled along part of it was with my best friend and fellow Munroist,Moira.We drove to Bridge of Orchy station and travelled to Corrour to catch a few Munros.Fantastic views,and on that occassion,there was a family who had travelled from England on the Sleeper train which we were linked up to.The children were absolutely blown away by the scenery and the deer running around beside the line.We were even introduced to 2 sixteen? pointer stags,at the youth hostel there.These 2 could get into the kitchen of the hostel which was some feat.I have travelled several times since,and I never get over the stunning views and wildlife.You are so lucky :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 17:00:23 PM »
Yes I am lucky Sannyrut. I am going up on the train on Wed 22nd, getting off at Corrour and walking Loch Ossian, late lunch back at station restaurant then last train home again.
For those who don't know, Corrour staion's platform is so short, that on approach, the conductor on the train announces that anyone getting offthere. has to disembark at the middle of the train.
Have a wee look at my link to see the photos I got of the Northern Belle.
I'd just returned from a cycle and raced up to see it at my lcal station
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.231054313577288.80033.100000181628666

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf