Author Topic: Removal costs  (Read 1557 times)

Offline mike77777777

Removal costs
« on: June 17, 2011, 07:58:10 AM »
Can anyone give me a rough idea of what it might cost to remove typical contents of a 4 bed house from England to Turkey.

Average vakue of goods. I put that because I think you may have to pay tax on value , not sure though..

Thanks Mike

Offline hillside

Removal costs
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »
From what I've heard most people seem to dispose of their contents in England with the exception of a few personal items and the rebuy new in Turkey. I think there's all sorts of problems with importing but I'm sure someone with far more knowledge than me will tell you the facts.
Personally, I would seriously think about renting out my house in England and renting in Turkey. Long term rental is so cheap in Turkey compared to UK and you'd be quids in each month - and you'd still have a home in UK to return later if it all went pear shaped. The idea of living permenantly in Turkey is very appealing, the reality when you find its not a permenant holiday is different. Good luck!

Offline welshbrickie

Removal costs
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
we used brittania based in chester for 300sq feet it was £1,100 4 years ago,we had no problems and they delivered to the door.

Offline mike77777777

Removal costs
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
Thanks for that...

Offline mavigoz

Removal costs
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »
We used Dolphin from Enfield and they were superb.
Goods were shipped into Izmir, we went there with residency, etc and cleared customs. Duty only paid on electrical items which if 2nd hand is not a lot of money.
They delivered down to Fethiye 2 days later and unpacked.
Canit remember exact cost but we did have a 40ft container, sole use that was the contents of our 5 bed 4bath house, so loads of stuff.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Removal costs
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 09:31:39 AM »
A friend recently brought everything she owns. She had to get residency first, then cost around 3.5k plus all the relevant paperwork & fees.
I brought 20kg and some hand luggage and have bought a lot of second hand things.
My friends house is like a show home and feels like she's lived there for years.
Mines more like Steptoes yard ( not really that bad, but very minimalist!)
Were both very happy though!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:53:51 AM by kayakebab »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Removal costs
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
I have shipped nothing, but brought only personal stuff as hold luggage over several trips. Friends bought a cheapish transit type van loaded it up, drove here then dumped the van at customs in Dalaman.

Offline kizkucuk

Removal costs
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
I shipped some stuff 20 months ago - it worked out at £7.30 per cubic foot.   I used Bonners - they were excellent.   Tax to pay on items that can receive a tv or radio signal which is a set amount.  TV is based on screen size.  Sold TV in the UK but did bring CD/Radio/tape player as it was nearly new and I'd paid alot for it - cost me 150 euros in tax.  Was shipped ont he first boat after I had residency and took 2 weeks to get to Izmir.   No problems this end went to Izmir for it to clear customs and it was delivered 7 days later.

Offline starman™

Removal costs
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 15:30:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hillside
 Long term rental is so cheap in Turkey compared to UK

Wish it was so cheap. We are paying almost 5000 USD per month for a 3 bedroom flat!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf