Author Topic: Snakes  (Read 2955 times)

Offline neesie1171

Snakes
« on: August 06, 2011, 08:58:25 AM »
Just to let you know that we found a poisonous snake in our garden this morning, or rather one of our dogs found it! Charlie managed to kill it.  The plant shop in Gunlukbasi sells the powder which repels them, it is called Kukurt and is a bright yellow powder.  2TL per kilo.

Please be on the lookout especially those with dogs and children. x

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Snakes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
Where in Koca Calis do you live ? whilst I was over in June I saw a flippin huge thing it was chasing the frogs near to our villa was about a metre long and quick as.

Ron

Offline Sus

Snakes
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:01:37 AM »
Is this powder dangerous to pets?

Offline neesie1171

Snakes
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
We live behind the Nazar Garden Hotel.  That's about the size of the one that was in our garden this morning.

We were told that the powder wasn't dangerous to pets but to be on the safe side we put it down outside our boundaries.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Snakes
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »
When we lived there I never saw a snake (only squished ones in the country roads) but last year I spent a week doing the garden, getting it right, when I finished I heard a noise outside the balcony, looked over and a small cat was playing with a snake, I had a hissy fit, and Gordon went off and made sure cat and snake were gone from our grounds, spoke to the neighbour later and he confirmed that the snake was poisonous, never saw the cat again. my gardening days are over!  
this was in Akarca.

Offline Julesp

Snakes
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 22:38:37 PM »
Ive only ever seen squashed snakes here in Akarca, but Im informed I will not have any in my garden cos my massive and cool hens will eat 1st They give me fab eggs too when they can be bothered :D

Offline Mark G

Snakes
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 20:39:18 PM »
We also saw one about a metre long in one of the canals near to TCK while on our way to the new prom road. I was looking down at the canal at a baby snake when a large adult one came very very quickly out from under the bridge.

I never knew snakes could move that fast and if that thing was on the road level you couldn't have our run it it was that quick.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf