Author Topic: Paragliding October  (Read 7029 times)

Offline indie63

Paragliding October
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »
Hi all,

Going to Oludeniz mid October with my partner and she wants to do Paragliding at Babadag on her birthday there, i was wondering am i better to book whilst in resort or before i go ? Been on Hamish Mcturk website, is he best to book with ? reputable etc or are there others in resort better to speak to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Paragliding October
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »
How about waiting until you're in resort, that way if you wife "bottles it" you've lost nothing!! As far as I'm aware Hamish McTurk are just an agent that books the paragliding & many other trips with 3rd parties. Might be cheaper to book direct, if you're anywhere near the beach in Olu, you'll soon suss out what companies are doing the paragliding, their company names are plastered all over the canopies.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Paragliding October
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 13:23:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by indie63

Been on Hamish Mcturk website, is he best to book with ? reputable etc or are there others in resort better to speak to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hamish McTurk were of course one of the few tour agencies that supported and promoted the barbaric dolphin "attraction" in Hisaronu which was eventually closed by public pressure and protest. Companies like Hamish McTurk selling tickets for idiots to "swim" in a concrete hole in the ground with the dolphins prolonged their already considerable suffering.

You can book this with nearly all the tour companies - here is a list of those who refused to make money from this horrific freak show (and by doing so made it financially unviable earlier):

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}35986&SearchTerms=dolphins

Offline indie63

Paragliding October
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 14:11:15 PM »
Thanks for replies, i will probably wait until i arrive then, i certainly wont use mcturk if that was the case.

Cheers for info...

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Paragliding October
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 16:22:22 PM »
i go with sky sports been 6 times now.
i'm going with in aug.thought i might do it
again in oct i book when i get there . they have a web site you can look
at

Offline Eric

Paragliding October
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 16:34:11 PM »
Would agree with using sky sports, very professional.  We have used them for years for various 'outings' including my Mother in Law paragliding with them at the age of 89 AND 90!  They will not be the cheapest BUT do you really want to jump off a mountain using the cheapest operator?  Where do they make their savings?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Paragliding October
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 16:43:20 PM »
Also I believe that a number of the booking agents advertise the activity and you end up with Sky Sports anyway.

Offline slartibartfast

Paragliding October
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 22:18:09 PM »
A colleague at work is a Paraglider Pilot and goes out to Olu Deniz to instruct.  She recommended Sky Sports so we have always used them

Offline Julesp

Paragliding October
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 23:42:56 PM »
You are best booking while in resort as sometimes the weather may not be suitable for paragliding This can even change by the hour but at least nearer the day you will have more idea how the weather is expected to be

All Olu deniz Paragliding operators are reputable and very professional and experienced in the sport They have to be, this is a serious sport and safety is paramount I suggest you visit Olu deniz and talk to the various operators there and choose the one you feel comfortable with

Offline booo

Paragliding October
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:46 AM »
Definitely book when you are there, I have been paragliding once, first time we came here, amazing experience but wouldnt do it again  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf