Author Topic: put my mind at rest please..  (Read 10462 times)

Offline kerri

put my mind at rest please..
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 13:06:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

On reflection. Alternative reply specifically to the post.

"put my mind at rest please"

Reply:

"Stop worrying, everything will be just fine, what could possibly go wrong now".

How did I do?

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!:-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 14:16:41 PM »
Kerri, We did the same thing as you and we were lucky that everything went O.K.  When we think back now at how we went about buying and how we put our faith in people we did not know it makes us shudder. In fact, we did not even have a solicitor, we were told we did not need one.
There have been so many posts on this Forum over the last 6 years that I have read about people loosing everything that it can make some of us a little cynical. I only wish we had known about this Forum when we bought we would have definitely used Keith/Cenk to buy from and we know there would not have been a problem.
I wish you every success with your purchase and hope you will come back and let us know how things went.

Offline kerri

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 14:43:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Kerri, We did the same thing as you and we were lucky that everything went O.K.  When we think back now at how we went about buying and how we put our faith in people we did not know it makes us shudder. In fact, we did not even have a solicitor, we were told we did not need one.
There have been so many posts on this Forum over the last 6 years that I have read about people loosing everything that it can make some of us a little cynical. I only wish we had known about this Forum when we bought we would have definitely used Keith/Cenk to buy from and we know there would not have been a problem.
I wish you every success with your purchase and hope you will come back and let us know how things went.

thanks Jacqui, I definately will keep you updated. I am so excited to have our place but so nervous. Spoke to agent today and he said if we are nervous about the transfer of 45k we can transfer the total on completion when we have tapu in our hand.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 14:54:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kerri

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

On reflection. Alternative reply specifically to the post.

"put my mind at rest please"

Reply:

"Stop worrying, everything will be just fine, what could possibly go wrong now".

How did I do?

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!:-\

I gave an answer you didn't like and then the answer you were seeking when you posted. I have that "you can't win" feeling. Actually, the contract is none of my business and you were happy enough with the stage payments to sign it. My original point was nothing to do with the terms of the contract - it was to say that all concerns should have been addressed before now, and before commiting to buy.

That was not specifically aimed at you but certainly the cap seemed to fit and it is my long standing view that people (in general, not you specifically) are reckless with £50,000 - signing everything put in front of them - but adopt a far more thorough and clinical approach when trying to find out why their Efes has gone up 20p.

It is also my belief that people (in general, not you specifically) who end up losing the lot generally exposed themself to great risk and to an extent brought it on themselves - this is true in nearly all cases of money loss in transactions involving property in Turkey. The greatest cotributor to property purchase disaster in Turkey is not the system, or the agents, or the solicitors or the developers- it is the stupidity/blind trust of the purchasers.

And all that from possibly one of the most "over trusting" people on the planet - me.

Offline big a

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 17:27:02 PM »
we bought our apartment five years ago from a very good turkish friend of ours who we have known for about twelve years and trust implicity it was a resale so we were lucky .recently someone asked me about buying in fethiye region i told them about this forum and contact scunner if they wanted piece of mind

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 19:14:05 PM »
We did almost the same as you Jacqui with the exception that we did not even retain any money until we got the Tapu. :o
I would definitely not do the same thing again. I think on reflection what we did was very irrational and stupid, it was in the boom time though 6-7 years ago when property developers were still investing heavily in the area and there were far less stories of people being scammed.

Offline patrice

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 19:38:21 PM »
We did the same handed over all the money before we got the tapu and no solicitor reflecting back what were we thinking but..... all ended well we were lucky

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 20:28:24 PM »
Take Kieth's (Scunner) advice, it is free and sound, we did and we are happy!

Kevin and Karen

Offline lisa

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 18:26:25 PM »
Hi Kerri

I would suggest if you can bear it not to hand over any more money until you have the day of tapu signing from one owner to the other then in the event it all goes wrong at least you haven't let go of all your hard earned money.The deposit is only there to ensure you'll go through with the purchase and if you keep in regular contact with the vendor, then they will realise that you are dedicated purchasers.

We have loved Calis and when it's all over you won't regret buying.

Lisa

Offline kerri

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 19:29:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lisa

Hi Kerri

I would suggest if you can bear it not to hand over any more money until you have the day of tapu signing from one owner to the other then in the event it all goes wrong at least you haven't let go of all your hard earned money.The deposit is only there to ensure you'll go through with the purchase and if you keep in regular contact with the vendor, then they will realise that you are dedicated purchasers.

We have loved Calis and when it's all over you won't regret buying.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

We did exactly as you and the helpful forum members said and did exactly this, yesterday!!! We refused to pay over any money until the completion day which was yesterday but kept in touch with all parties along the way. Yesterday we became the official owners with tapu in our name.

Thankyou

Kerri

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf