Author Topic: Car Tax rates 2012  (Read 5255 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
I think you will also find that the days of old scrap type cars are getting to be a thing of the past Keith. We used to pass dozens of them but they are definitley outnumbered now by newer cars and you should see all the flash expensive ones.!!! Even the old bikes that were sometimes like lawnmowers with motors have been replace by the Chinese electric ones. They will regret that trust me.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
I remember the days when a new car passing could stop a conversation in Calis Anne - there's definitely a real change - the number of new cars, big 4x4s is huge compared with just 10 years ago. The real problem with old cars to me is not the pollution, it's the lack of safety due to both age of manufacture and present condition - perhaps explaining why, along with the no seatbelt culture, so many collisions over there result in fatalities.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Car Tax rates 2012
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 16:06:06 PM »
In Turkey there used to (if not still) be available a trade of cars of a certain age, the cash back used to be 5,000Tl, not sure if this was the government trying to get them to purchase new cars.

Is this scheme still going in Turkey?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf