Author Topic: Bit of a cheek but I may as well ask  (Read 5674 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Bit of a cheek but I may as well ask
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »
We were not keen either on using hotel pools seeing as we have our own apartment but last summer we were forced to as our pool area and sunbeds were totally taken over by people that were renting apartments on our complex, it was simply not a pleasure loud music blaring out and other stuff overcrowed pool and no sunbeds, I am not against people renting to make a few quid after all times are hard, but last summer was seriously not a pleasure, two good things came from it though, we discovered the wonderful ambience of the Sat during the day and also a lovely Turkish run place plenty of sunbeds lovely pool and cheap prices for lunch just hope it will be reopening again this season :)

Offline campervanbob

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »
Yes I love swimming in the Sea but like the option of a Pool for an early evening cool off. We booked Delta and then realised that it didn't have a pool but as we would rather sit on the beach staring out to see than sit round a pool staring at the people on the other side of the pool (whom usually seem to be Eastern European or German) it doesn't matter that much.

Everyone says how good the Delta is and I have just managed to book the Roof Top Suite for 1 night on 30th May direct from Delta ... but don't tell my wife as it is a surprise early Wedding Anniversary present!!!

Offline sunlover

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 20:32:56 PM »
Well, Well, we have the rooftop suite the 4 days before you, we will leave it clean and tidy for your anniversary night:D

Offline campervanbob

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
Thanks but Anniversary not til 26 June! I cannot believe that I managed to get it the one day that it is free during our stay

Offline sunlover

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 13:56:27 PM »
Oh well, surely you dont need a reason to have the roof top suite to celebrate an anniversary early or not..

fab place have a great time.

Offline Denny

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 20:57:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

We were not keen either on using hotel pools seeing as we have our own apartment but last summer we were forced to as our pool area and sunbeds were totally taken over by people that were renting apartments on our complex, it was simply not a pleasure loud music blaring out and other stuff overcrowed pool and no sunbeds, I am not against people renting to make a few quid after all times are hard, but last summer was seriously not a pleasure, two good things came from it though, we discovered the wonderful ambience of the Sat during the day and also a lovely Turkish run place plenty of sunbeds lovely pool and cheap prices for lunch just hope it will be reopening again this season :)

Could you tell us which pool you actually used - we do not have a pool at our apartment and are looking to find a pool  that allows non residents to use (used to use the Park Hotel but Nicki is no longer there)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 21:01:10 PM by Denny »

Offline sunlover

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 08:47:39 AM »
we have used a few times the pools at the oykun hotel, also the small restaurant called The turkish kitchen have a pool at the back we use.. never had a problem using them and always buy drinks and food for the time we are there...

Offline Denny

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 09:43:55 AM »
Thanks for the info

quote:
Originally posted by sunlover

we have used a few times the pools at the oykun hotel, also the small restaurant called The turkish kitchen have a pool at the back we use.. never had a problem using them and always buy drinks and food for the time we are there...

Offline sunlover

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 17:42:50 PM »
no problem thats what we are all here for, to help each other:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 18:05:06 PM »
I think many of the hotels further back from the front make non-residents welcome if they want to use the pool - and as you say buying a couple of drinks or some snacks is nice in return. The Ernur used to do this and for a period of it's existence they were very busy indeed. When I stayed at the Pelin they were very relaxed about people coming and going, but that's also another question - who is to know if you are resident or not anyway (assuming the hotel has a good number of rooms)?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf