Author Topic: Google Mail Problems  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Google Mail Problems
« on: March 24, 2012, 10:13:49 AM »
Can anyone point me in the right direction over problems I have logging into Google Mail?

I have a new connection installed by TT net, it seems pretty good and we can access everything when using the Ipad or Iphone, but for some strange reason when using the laptop, the connection times out each time I try to connect to my Google Mail account, I am also struggling to make a connection on the lap top to a VPN and wonder if both problems are related?

Offline jackstee

Google Mail Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »
Try disabling the firewall for a short time and see if that changes things

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Google Mail Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
Thanks J, Yes I have tried that, also tried turning off virus protection, there is something very strange going on. I cant log into any site, face-book, email, Google etc. I get a "cant connect to the network server" message, yet other sites, like CBF seem to be working perfectly normally. If anyone can recommend a local 'expert' then please let me have the details.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Google Mail Problems
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 15:05:36 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpwithcomputers/ - Lee Martin is in the Fethiye/Calis area, might be of some help.

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Google Mail Problems
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 16:13:42 PM »
Thanks SC, but I cant get on to see the facebook article. It might be something to do with the telephone service, for some strange reason they have restricted me to local calls, A trip to TT in Fethiye on Monday morning I think.

Offline jackstee

Google Mail Problems
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 16:55:22 PM »
Opposite BIM on the road into Fethiye. He is very good I will get his name and number if you like.

Offline ukchris

Google Mail Problems
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 18:40:22 PM »
sounds like you have a problem viewing/logging into sites using https

Offline Rimms

• Prolific Member
Google Mail Problems
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 16:54:45 PM »
Thanks all for the help, in fact the problem was on the laptop I brought over from England which had a screen problem but was fine when using the TV as a monitor. I intended to use this as a dedicated machine hooked up to the TV. I had forgotten that this machine had a programme called ' Livedrive' loaded, this is like iCloud and automatically backs up selected data to your online storage account and it was running in the background busy trying to back up my 7,000 record collection which more than consumes the bandwidth you get here. Since realising and disableing this, things have improved considerably. A good tip is to open that little ' hidden icons' on your task bar and close anything running that is not required.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Google Mail Problems
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 16:29:04 PM »
Only me any idea why i cannot send emails from picasa site keeps coming up sending failed  http error 403 google mail .com [:(!]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf