Author Topic: Cheap tablet computers.  (Read 1451 times)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Cheap tablet computers.
« on: May 04, 2012, 20:03:53 PM »
I am thinking of buying one of these and would appreciate a little advice on choice.
Various reviews on the same model tablets range from 'absolute rubbish' to 'amazing value' and the technical comments in the reviews are well beyond my comprehension.
I would like one simply to keep up on e mails,online banking and a little web surfing while on holiday or away from home.
I am not interested in games,music or films on it.
The KOBO VOX seems reasonably priced and simple to operate(very important)and is also an e reader. The e reader facility is not a priority for me as I still prefer the feel of a proper book.
Any advice or alternative suggestions greatfully received.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Cheap tablet computers.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 21:15:08 PM »
John, I don't need to tell you that with these you get what you pay for and as long as you don't think it will perform like an iPad ou should be fine.

The KOBO has really mixed reviews. I have looked at this alternative before which is cheaper and has had generally good reviews from professional reviewers and end users. You can also tether it to use with 3G

http://www.ebuyer.com/366452-archos-arnova-7-g2-tablet-pc-501778

Offline philrose

Cheap tablet computers.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »
It's worth noting that Amazon will be releasing their Kindle Fire in the UK soon which has had some great reviews...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf