Author Topic: Half Price Avon Skin So Soft... for Mozzies.  (Read 3935 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Half Price Avon Skin So Soft... for Mozzies.
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
Avon have a special half price offer on Skin So Soft at the moment.  It is working out cheaper than buying it from Ebay. Particularly if you buy five.   Also, if you spend £20.00 with Avon you get postage for free so saving £3.50  ;)
Great for keeping off mozzies and good for your skin, with no horrible smell. I used this for 3 weeks last month once in the morning, once at night before going out and did not get bitten.  Phil, who keeps forgetting was bitten loads of times. : :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Re: Half Price Avon Skin So Soft... for Mozzies.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:15:07 PM »
Hiya Jacqui. I've just had a look on the Avon site but there are so many "Skin So Soft" products. Which one is it for Mozzies please?

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »
its the blue not the pink and its the dry oil spray 06700- soft and fresh.  On sale from reps in campaign 11 at £2.60.
The next campaign or in my case the current one (12) its on the back page of the book however its being marketed as new original with jojoba oil at £1.99- 08698- dont know how the formulation will affect the 'mozzie factor' if at all. remember though- Avon do not market it as a repellant at all!

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 13:07:28 PM »
This product has been re-named, again!

It's now called 'Original' & has a green coloured logo on the front of the bottle.

In campaign 12 it's on offer at £1.99 per bottle (back page) - Product number 08698.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 14:50:15 PM »
I only use this product against the mozzies works every time
Ron  ;)

Offline kenkay

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 15:17:42 PM »
Thanks for your replies Cavfan and CEF. I found it  8) Out of stock  >:(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 17:30:55 PM »
Shame about that Ken, but you  can still get it on Ebay and it's only about £1.00 more in price difference.  Or you can get it from an Avon Rep.  However, it may come back to the Avon website once they re-stock. 

Offline kenkay

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 21:45:01 PM »
Shame about that Ken, but you  can still get it on Ebay and it's only about £1.00 more in price difference.  Or you can get it from an Avon Rep.  However, it may come back to the Avon website once they re-stock. 
Yeah there's a box to tick for them to inform you when it's back in stock. Trouble is I'm flying on Tuesday. Oh, missus just told me there might be a few bottles there.

Offline Stan

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »
Next time out I will study a little more about preventing mozzie bites ! My wife got bitten twice on Sunday (24th) not too bad ? Kept getting more red and inflamed despite creams etc, so 1/2 day spent at ESNAF and more creams and tablets to help, it was  an allergic reaction to the bite apparently. Now at home ,one is healing and the other still sore and bruised.  Are mozzies more potent in Turkey ? or could it be something else do you think (ants etc, ) Anyway  moral to this, Prevention better than cure , Or ,Once bitten twice shy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 09:17:34 AM »
I had a really bad Mozzie bite 7 years ago when we were at the Letoonia resort.  I had to see the doctor who prescribed penicillin.  The swelling went down the next day and I only needed a couple of the tablets which where 1000ml.   The total cost at the time was £30.00.   Later, we discovered the penicillin tablets where 11 lira for a big box in the chemists.  Also, the best thing to put on a bite (if the skin is not broken) is 1% Hydrocortisone Cream.   
I am sure mine was a mozzie bite as there is so much greenery around the bungalows over there even on the first floor balconies.
The good news was, the Doctor told me that such a bite helps build up immunity and if I got another one it would not be so bad... Fingers crossed, that has been true up to now.  ;)
Incidentally, the jumping spiders can give you a bad bite too :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf