Author Topic: buying property  (Read 9806 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
buying property
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
Koca Calis is beautiful, I love that end as its less developed, easy quick access to the beaches, abut ideally you would need a car.
I have a friend who lives there who has no car, she cycles everywhere but says the only downside is having to be terribly organised about shopping and not forgetting anything when in town.
She gets taxis when grocery shopping,or going for an evening out,  but says that the area and the fact that property is mostly cheaper to buy and to rent offsets the taxi costs.

Ive never lived in Gunlukbasi, I think it used to be more Turkish, but mixed now. Shopping area is getting more developed with more choice, and tends to be a bit cheaper.
Easy dolmus access to Calis and to Fethiye, but quite a walk to the beach if you wanted to walk it.

Offline hillside

Re: buying property
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 13:15:29 PM »
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but aren't parts of Koca Calis subject to flooding?

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 13:32:54 PM »
We have a place in Gunlukbasi and love it. For us it is the right mix of Resident Turkish and foreign holidaymakers (with a few ex pats thrown in) and whilst there are a few chickens (and goats) about This has declined in recent years due to the building in the area.

We are in walking distance of the shops including large supermarkets and are just a quick Dolmus ride away from Fethiye and Calis Beach. The sea is also about 5-10 mins walk.

Suits us as it is far enough away from the main tourist areas but close enough to visit when we choose to.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 13:39:55 PM »
I object to being thrown in Steve !!

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 13:54:25 PM »
These are the things I find very helpful to know - Koca Calis sounds the sort of place we would love but until we investigate further, I am not sure of the practicalities because of the transport issue and also the flooding bit is worrying.  Also, whilst Gunlukbasi sounds lovely, it is the chicken thing that I needed to know about and this has probably ruled it out.  Goats are fine. 

Would anyone know, specifically, the areas in Koca Calis that are affected by floods and are there chickens there?

Keep the thoughts coming please as it is very helpful to us.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 13:58:45 PM »
I object to being thrown in Steve !!

You Liz.... Never

SandyLea, I am not going to make fun of your Phobia as I think unless you have it yourself then you can never understand. As you say though, it sounds like the area will not work for you as we do have chickens (and cockerels) and whilst less than a few years ago it is still not unusual to find them wandering around our complex.

Good luck with your searching!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 15:13:19 PM »
One of the things I loved about Calis was the chickens walking about and a shiny new development next to a cow in the next plot. Sadly very little of that in resort these days, but Koca Calis and Gunlukbasi definitely more likely. As Steve says, it's a very unfortunate phobia for someone looking to move to Turkey to have.

Offline quackers

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »
Koca Çalıs dolmus's are hıt and mıss ın the summer. Non ın the wınter .The local councıl bus is on a lımıted tımetable. Better ın the summer. I thınk u need a car or scooter to lıve here or use the Taxı's.  A few little shops and a few bars and restaurants on the beach. Its very quıet ın the wınter and the heavy raın we get here ın the wınter floods a lot of areas maınly Saglık Sıtesı ,around the Telemessos area but not ınsıde Telemessos Sitesi, Çıcek Sitesi and many smaller areas. Sayıng that there are a lot of lovely areas as well that do not flood. Not to everyones liking. As saıd on here before ıf the property ıs cheap ın Koca Calis there ıs probably a reason and ıt ıs usually because it is in an area that floods.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
I'm afraid I have to admit to causing quite a scene whilst in the Megri Lokantasi one evening as a chicken ran under the table.....its all that flapping that they do!!!

Offline quackers

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 13:59:30 PM »
Don't go to Oben then as they have a huge cockeral and several chickens running about.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf