Author Topic: Season over for Hisaronu ?  (Read 11815 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Season over for Hisaronu ?
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 17:14:36 PM »
I'd say that H is down on numbers it attracts compared to previous years, but the good places still attract a full house, it is those places on the fringe of the strip and without a reputation who look to be struggling.  Having said that I see a growing number of people are using the - cheaper and perhaps try harder?? - restaurants and bars outside of Hisaronu High Street/Strip, particularly along the main drag from Ovacik.

And is it me but has there been a particular reduction in the number of young people in the town using the loud bars etc., are they being attracted to the now cheaper Spanish and Greek 'in your face' resorts or are they simply going out after I have left for home, bed and horlicks?? ;D

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Season over for Hisaronu ?
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 17:45:07 PM »
Oh Seboni121 , you'll not regret booking Hisaronu. I made a big  mistake going to Tenerife last September instead of here.

Offline Seboni121

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 18:23:14 PM »
Thanx toky I'm looking forward now 9 days 2 go

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Season over for Hisaronu ?
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 19:49:14 PM »
And the weather's fab

Offline Seboni121

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 14:57:18 PM »
4 days to go

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 16:11:45 PM »
And the weather's fab
and the weathers what Toky.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 16:47:13 PM »
Just a light shower to wash and clean the leaves and roads ready for seboni121 coming to Hisaronu, sunshine back again tomorrow!.

And the weather's fab
and the weathers what Toky.

Offline Andrew H

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 17:57:20 PM »
I have read all the comments have to agree with Sleuth , and having owned a villa in Ovacik for 8 years have seen the area decline in numbers over the years. I just think prices, [most of what you buy at the markets are actually cheaper at home now]  poor roads, alleged wrong doings by people in authority, still no direct debit system to pay water bills, burglaries,  quad bikes racing around the town, ever increasing air fares have all contributed.

Tired of looking at jewellery shops, newsagents,  men dancing on bars, kareokee,cafes and bars and that ridiculous fun fair and go kart who really uses them? Just how many  times can you go on the 12 island cruise, mud baths etc

Added to which the hundreds of villas and apartments up for sale and still the building goes on. And the saddest thing? how many dogs and cats just roam the streets if it were not for the brits I suspect there would be even more puppies and kittens [see article about the shot dog in Ovacik] and now the government want to put all strays in a field and let them kill each other! Just what is the world coming to.

Well this year we did something about it and sold our villa to a family originally from Lebanon . Yes we will miss the villa but not the ever increasing running costs we will miss the wonderful weather ,except when those thunderstorms decend from the mountains, but we have chosen to use the money to see other parts of the world.

Please dont get me wrong Turkey  as a country still has many attractions but life and how you want t to spend it move on!

Offline peter e golden

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 19:16:40 PM »
A wonderful and informed post, Andrew H. Can relate to many of the things you have commented on. Pete

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:48 AM »
Spot on Andrew !!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf