Author Topic: calis weather  (Read 6058 times)

Offline stephengoodall

calis weather
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »
hi
myself and family are staying in calis on may 16th for 2 weeks and was wandering what the weather will be like at that time of year.    thanks steve

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: calis weather
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 13:32:36 PM »
Hotting up nicely although you may still need a sweater or cardi for late evenings

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 13:39:06 PM »
I think May is the best month to holiday - lovely sunny days and cooler at night. We used to always book the first week and although you can get some pretty heavy rain, we don't ever remember it when we were on holiday. From May things start to get hotter and hotter, till July and August when going outside from your airconned room is like sticking your head in the oven, and that's 24 hours a day.

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 15:01:41 PM »
We've been going in May for the last few years now and it can be one of the best times of year to go, lovely warm days not too hot to walk about in and spend your days on the beach or by a pool,  often warm evenings too to sit and drink and eat outside. But, it can also be quite cool in an evening so you do need to go prepared with a jumper/cardigan/thin fleece.  We also take fold up showerproof jackets, easy to pack in case of rain, and it can rain in May!

But as long as you're aware and prepared for it you'll be fine, and it can't be that bad we're back again 9th to 26th May this year and hoping for 16 days of glorious sunshine  ;D 8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 15:11:49 PM »
We too come end of May beginning of June.  May is a nice time of year  Also the Calis Beach Carnival is usually last week in May, so you may be luck enough to be there at this time when lots of things are going on.  Check their thread on this Forum every so often and you will see the dates announced.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 15:55:28 PM »
we love May too, never been fortunate to try June (oh just realised I did last year as the May half term holiday was moved to June for the jubilee) and it was lovely (apart from the earthquake though I now think that was fate and I was meant to experience that, everything for a reason in this life!!  ;))
We are mulling over our summer plans as I seriously dont think I can do another August now I am knocking on it is just tooooooo hot for me 8)

Offline stephengoodall

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 17:20:11 PM »
thanks to everyone for replying, we did stay at calis in august for 3 weeks in 2009 and it was scorching sunshine everyday and my wife loved it! 8)

Offline marina

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 17:41:46 PM »
Sunshine maybe,  but far too hot for me, can't enjoy it the same when it's so hot  :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 18:56:11 PM »
Yes I totally agree - July and August are punishingly hot. Sitting in a bar at 2am with sweat dripping down the back of your ear isn't my idea of fun. We went to Portugal in July last year and actually felt cold in the evening!

Offline stephengoodall

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 20:02:38 PM »
I know what you mean we are normally tucked  up in bed with the aircon on at 2 in the morning waiting for the glorious sun to rise again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf