Author Topic: Shaka  (Read 11256 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Re: Shaka
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 16:14:56 PM »
I speak as i find i have run a la ca-rte restaurants and hotel restaurants for a long time ,for 3 years executive chef for a 8 hotel chain ,i have had criticisms in the past all chefs and owners have them.
The steak i didn't see the weight but when you pay 40 tl you expect something a bit bigger than a double burger ,i ran a large hotel in Canterbury we had every nation under the sun staying there ,and some of the requests we got were very awkward but we always got a thumbs up for effort ,they were not very busy when we went in ,did not see a board about sushi thats probably why we did not two free drinks ,there's another saving for them ,i dont care who you know but a smile does go a long way with the public, my waiter was OK spoke average English been there 2 months  the owner saw he was having problems with a couple of tables ,instead of going over to help sort it out he just ignored it,thats okay with me i wont go any more he lost out not me plenty more ,same views same prom,most are a lot cheaper than there
  7 tl for beer ,and i think 255 tl for very average food ,dont get me wrong i have been there a lot 10tl coffee and carrot cake very good cold carrot cake that is ,if he was more sociable and more professional he wouldn't have people complaining on here ,how many just pay up and dont go back  .  I'm sure you your self must  complain some times or dont you goodnight.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Shaka
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 17:03:32 PM »
Just wondering what people thought of the food at the murder mystery night?
It was advertised as a starter of at least 6 mezes.

In fact it was sliced bread with the red spicy tomato relish,  yogurt with mint, hummus, a few green beans and an aubergine dish shared between each table
We had to wait ages for the bread and then most of the 'mezes' came after we'd finished it.
They were very much the items that you get given as an on the house thing at many restaurants before your starter, or as a welcome gesture.

The main was chicken breast, with a choice of sauces, although didn't include the advertised vegetables and the portion of rice was very small. It all looked a bit lost on the huge rectangular plate.

The homemade Shaka cake was dry and tasteless with a tiny bit of ice cream. Some of the cake portions were very small, the one offered to one of the people on our table wasnt really worth making the plate dirty for. When we commented we were offered an extra portion.

The staff were rushed off their feet as there was a lot of people, probably could have done with more staff really, but the service was slow, and not at all friendly.

Didnt plan to say anything about it as I know FIG had a huge job organising it all, and this is not a slur on their event or anything they were responsible for, but as there's a topic open I wonder what others thought?
We might just have been unlucky on our table?

I always feel these events are perfect opportunity to show people what they can provide and encourage people to go back another time.

I've had nice lunches there, but I wasn't at all inspired to go for an evening meal on the basis of what I saw last week.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 17:14:17 PM »
Never been to Shakaubit will deffo steer clear now

Offline Lotty

Shaka
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 17:18:36 PM »
I can only say it was great in February, we went about 5 times and were never disappointed, in fact we were thrilled we'd found another fab restaurant.

Offline busybee

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 17:26:59 PM »
We went twice last summer, I have to say the food was superb, expensive, but very small portions. I came home hungry...... The only disappointing dish was the fish burger, looked like fillet o fish from MacDonalds!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 17:42:14 PM »
Nothing wrong with a fillet-o-fish from McDonalds  :)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 18:50:04 PM »
I noticed that shaka have there own profile on here how come they never reply  :-[

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 18:55:33 PM »
It seems to happen a lot that Restaurants start off with good intentions. Food great. service great and then downhill from there.. I can think of only a handful in the whole area who have been consistently good and continue to give good food. good service and have pleasant staff.....If the manager addresses these issues then its not too late to pull The Shaka back as the position is brilliant.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 19:03:11 PM »
I noticed that shaka have there own profile on here how come they never reply  :-[

They do actually, although I think the owner has been abroad. Probably for a break from all the whingeing  ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 22:41:43 PM »

They do actually, although I think the owner has been abroad. Probably for a break from all the whingeing    ;)

You need to put a 'like' button on here Keith   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf